Ozzy our new senegal parrot

Bellalaross

Jun 26, 2012
We have recently acquired a new addition to our family, Ozzy the 3 year old Senegal.
He is an absolute delight! Is friendly with both me and my husband, perhaps slightly more towards my hubby (although I don't like to admit it lol). He tolerates my children handling him, under supervision of course.
I've noticed Ozzy spends a lot of his time straining to see us and shouting for us...
Ozzy is living in a much larger cage than his last home, but doesn't seem to use the space to explore or play. Is this because we have only had him a few days. Also we currently have him in our dining room, do you feel he would be happier in a busier part of our home, amongst his 'flock'? We were going to move him into the living room.

PetoftheDay

Dec 27, 2010
Boston area, MA
He is likely still adjusting to his new home and environment. I'm sure once he settles in more, he'll play and explore again. I'd give him a while before moving his cage again, his whole life has just changed, after all!

ann

Feb 18, 2011
USA
Parrots
1 nanday conure Black Jack, 1 Brotogeris parakeet Whiff, 1 ring neck dove Eliza, and 6 society finches (3 are tame). RIP my parent pairs of societies and my little gouldian finches
congrats on your new addition and welcome to the forum :)! just give him a little time to settle in, im sure he will adjust fine :).

mtdoramike

Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2011
Media
Mt. Dora Fl./central Fl.
Parrots
11 month old Senegal Parrot - 3 year old SI Eclectus
I would not have his cage in the dining area, which is usually next to the kitchen because of the cooking fumes. Also, make sure and throw out your non-stick cookware. These pans let off a toxic fume that can kill birds. You can put him in the main living area, but you will need a sleep area for him that is quiet with no noise or activity when the sun goes down. If they don't get 12 hours of uninterrupted sleep each night, they get cranky.

Most Reactions