Paco came out!

Lesa1211

Mar 29, 2012
Pittsurgh PA
Parrots
Kia-Goffin Cockatoo, Paco-Indian Ringneck
Ive been working with Paco a little everyday. Usually I have to put a glove on to bring him ontop of his cage. Well yesterday I just had his door open, I open it everyday for a little while just to see if he'll come out. He never does. So I started folding some towels and I turn around and he's ontop the cage. He came out all by himself!!! Im so happy. He's coming around slowly. Yesterday he stepped up on my bare hand while ontop of the cage :)

Also, he's eating pellets. He much rather have his seed but I only give him seed for about an hour in the morning and hour before bed. Just wanted to let everyone know my progress.

Mozzie

Mar 20, 2012
Media
Utah
Parrots
African grey (peppers)
Blue crown conure (Mozzie)
Sun conure (sunny)
Jenday conure (Bo)
Blue fronted amazon (Casey)
I am glad Paco is doing so good!!!! It is sometimes a slow process, but the end results are amazing!!!! You are doing great with him!!!

RescueMe

Mar 28, 2012
King George, VA
Parrots
"Sparky" the Blue and gold macaw, "Jax" Red fronted macaw, and "Little Bird" peach faced lovebird
Sounds like you are well on your way to having a happy boy.

OP
Lesa1211

Lesa1211

Mar 29, 2012
Pittsurgh PA
Parrots
Kia-Goffin Cockatoo, Paco-Indian Ringneck
Thanks everyone. It is definately a very slow process with him. Im not taking the womans advice to find him a mate or a home with a mate. Im just working with im at his pace. It's such a different experience from my goffin Kia. Im hoping one day he'll let me pet him, that would be awesome.

Most Reactions