Jun 7, 2012
Media
Scranton PA
Parrots
Darwin- Male Ekkie
Charlie- Cinnamon GCC
Twiggy- Cockatiel
RIP Paco, Jack, and Echo </3
So it's been about 3 or 4 years since I adopted Paco the DYH Amazon. He's shown little to no improvement, haha. Very angry, bites without much of a warning, growls constantly, flinches at even the slightest movement toward him. He only likes my mom. For her he's a little different. He's really bad with displaced aggression. We think someone abused him. Well anyways that's the status update but here's something funny. I've been collecting glass bottles and painting them lately. Since Paco goes on a ramage every once in a while I decided to make a bottle to "capture" all of his rage. So one day I can take him outside(which he seems to enjoy) and "let it all go". I don't expect it to work haha, just for fun. I'm hoping it makes a tree fall over or a hole open up in the ground, lol. Sorry just had to be silly. Sometimes that's how we cope with things around here.

Jtbirds

Banned
Banned
Mar 6, 2013
Pennsylvania
Double yellow head.... O how I wish I never knew mine some days. Mine sounds similar to yours and he can be a big issue, like yesterday he bit me twice without warning. I still love him to death but at least some one else feels my pain. Although mine has gotten better since bringing him home.

Greenwing

Mar 8, 2013
Parrots
GW , BG , DYH , YN, CAG
I love my Amazons.. They squeak,growl and flare there tails... Quite a display.. But in the end there bark is much worst than there bite..

Mine went through a phase when he would constantly attack my hand.. I have big well calloused hands.. So I would just make a fist and let him go at it...after a few days he stopped biting.. Kept up the display for a while longer but that to disappeared... Once you win there trust they are very loving and full of spunk.

SandyBee

Oct 5, 2012
Coquitlam BC, Canada
Parrots
DYH Amazon-Rescue- Bosley (36),
African Brown head-Rescue- August(9)
Amazon's ate amazing and funny and once they bond with you its amazing They also are opiniated, stubborn showvoffs.The bark is worse than their bite, confidence is a must for these guys.

Most Reactions