Painted a portrait of Kiwi

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
Ok, ok, I am under no delusions that I'll be the next Rembrandt (don't laugh! painting pictures is NOT my strong suit), but I had this long piece of board leftover from when I remade his floor protectors as well as some of the vinyl edging I use around the floor protectors. There was really not an ideal place for Kiwi's area here, and where he is in the corner right next to the breakfast bar, which hubby has decided he wants to use and not have be extra parrot storage. I have been looking for a piece of art to visually tie Kiwi's corner together and figured DIY-ing it would be perfect since it was basically free to do and I didn't want to spend money really on art to decorate a birds area:rolleyes: This painting will fit perfectly on the wall (and is thin enough to be out of reach of a curious beak;)) near his area and happened to be the exact height of the breakfast bar window so it should visually separate the areas and make Kiwi's area look a little cuter:).

DSC_9330_zpsj1ecfibx.jpg

Last edited:

Tsali

Jul 22, 2016
Parrots
Tsali - African Grey- I am a one parrot parent. It's a full time job keeping Tsali healthy and happy.
LOVE it! Wish I could paint.

SirEdwin89

Mar 5, 2016
Virginia
Parrots
Confetti (9y/o CAG), Ely (5 y/o Citron SC2), Barney (3 y/o MSC2), Baby (21 y/o Senegal), Peaches (16 y/o M2)
Conan (26 y/o Harlequin Macaw)
:D I love it! It literally put a big grin on my face. Very cute, I think it will look awesome in Kiwi's Corner!

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Today is the last day of 'Art Prize' in my home town! This event invites people from around the Country to present their 'Art.' There is no question that your piece could easily place in the upper 25% of entries!

Well done April!!!

OOwl

Oct 12, 2010
Texas
Parrots
Rosebreasted Cockatoo, Congo Grey, MRH Amazon, Lovebird
I love it, too! It's so "folk art-y"! You could sell those. I love the style. I bet others would, also.

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
I like it, nice and folkie. I like how you can def tell its a blue front 'zon; that would be lost on most people.

OP
Kiwibird

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
Thanks everyone! I think it came out pretty cute and whimsical. Not sure Kiwi will care, but I made it more for us anyways. Parrots don't care too much about decor' (unless they can chew it that is;)).

OP
Kiwibird

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
I like it, nice and folkie. I like how you can def tell its a blue front 'zon; that would be lost on most people.

Funny you bring that up, I was asking Kiwi if he'd like me to paint some more blue on his front while I was at it:p He doesn't have much blue for a blue front:rolleyes:

Piasa

Jan 12, 2016
USA Nomad
Parrots
Beau 20 year old male Green Cheek || Jimmy Bullet 17 year old female white cap pionus parrot
That's really cute! He'll have such a beautiful little spot.

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
I love it, April! Most impressive. Looks rather professional, actually.

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
April, you couldn't have searched the art districts and found anything as perfect for Kiwi's Corner! Well done!

Most Reactions

Latest posts