Parakeet got SOAKED!

PicklePod5810

Oct 20, 2014
My 3 year old son just grabbed a bottle of Method glass cleaner, and sprayed our parakeet, pretty much soaking him. I rinsed him in the sink already, and I have him with me, to keep an eye on him. Other than being mad that he's soaking wet, he seems to be acting fine. I'm concerned because, even though it's supposed to be a "natural cleaner", he was soaked everywhere with it. Help/advice please???

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
I think about the best you can do right now is to watch him and keep the cleaning chemicals on a higher shelf from now on. Does he still smell like the cleaner? If so, he may need another bath to get the rest out. And be sure to keep it extra warm tonight to keep him from catching a chill due to being so wet... Hope he's ok!

OP
P

PicklePod5810

Oct 20, 2014
Thanks, Kiwibird! He's going about being his usual self, and is much more cheerful after drying off. I'll be keeping an eye on him over night. I'm mostly worried about respiratory problems at this point, but so far so good! I try my best to keep things out of my son's reach, but he climbs on shelves, grabs our bar stools, chairs, anything he can use to get what he wants. Never in a million years would I have thought he would spray our bird with one. Glad I switched to natural cleaners!

Most Reactions

Latest posts