Parrot Coffee Table Book??

Misty15

Oct 4, 2013
Parrots
Pippin a GCC
So I did not know where else to post this so I'll try here.

I am trying to find a large book of parrot photography like a coffee table book. Does anyone know of one?

Thanks!

Jayyj

Apr 28, 2013
UK
Parrots
Alice - Galah cockatoo
I've something of a weakness for expensive photography books, so I've had a good look round for parrot books, current and out of print, and drawn a complete blank. The Parrot Trust do calendars, and individual prints, but otherwise nothing. It's strange because there are dozens of books on raptors and a good number on pigeons/doves, sea birds, game birds, birds of paradise - so one would have expected at least a couple on parrots. There's a definite gap in the market for one.

Perhaps we all need to sponsor our resident photographic talent Copperarabian to go on a parrot photographing expedition...

OP
Misty15

Misty15

Oct 4, 2013
Parrots
Pippin a GCC
That would be awesome!!!

It is so strange that there are no parrot photography books!! I wonder why? They seem like the perfect subject they are so colorful and bright and funny.

goalerjones

Oct 24, 2011
Parrots
Hahn's macaw, RIP George, Jenday Conure
For you to read or for him to shred?

Betrisher

Jun 3, 2013
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Parrots
Dominic: Galah(RIP: 1981-2018); The Lovies: Four Blue Masked Lovebirds; Barney and Madge (The Beaks): Alexandrines; Miss Rosetta Stone: Little Corella
The book of my dreams is 'Parrots of the World' by Joseph Forshaw and illustrated by William Cooper. Aside from being an absolute work of art (the illustrations are paintings, done by Bill Cooper), the birds are all portrayed in an accurate pose and environment so that you could also use the book as a field guide. It's not pocket-sized, however, it's huge! LOL! I've been trying to find a copy of this book for myself for many years, but it's not common and, I expect, out of print. A later edition of the same book is illustrated by Frank Knight, who is also a well-known bird illustrator and a very good one too. I just prefer the Cooper works. If you could get hold of 'Parrots of the World', you would have a most gorgeous and informative addition to your coffee table and I would have to visit you and steal it away from you. :D

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
OP
Misty15

Misty15

Oct 4, 2013
Parrots
Pippin a GCC
Thanks everyone!!! I'm still surprised they are not more common.

Featheredsamurai

Aug 24, 2011
California
Parrots
African Greg
2 cockatiels
"Bird" by Andrew Zuckerman is excellent! It has some awesome parrot photos, as well as many other species. It's a large book with a ton of photos

AndrewZuckerman_Bird.png

317019371392_w3AXxTXO_l.jpg

4118277454_20c061b34e.jpg

birds01.jpg

andrew-zuckerman-bird-6.jpg

azuckerman-19.jpg

Secretary-Bird_1675220i.jpg

bird05.jpg

Most Reactions