Parrot safe plants - any favorites?

ravvlet

Jun 25, 2019
Seattle WA
Parrots
Kirby - OWA, 33yrs old (2019-)
Broccoli - Dusky Conure - 3?mo old (July 2023 -)
~~~
(Rehomed) Sammy - YNA, 45 yrs old (2022-2023)
(RIP) Cricket - Cockatiel (2019-2022)
So, I have an herb garden in my bird room, but I want to add some more greenery to the bird room, as I am in here a lot too and I rather like having lots of plants!

I got a massive spider plant (chlorophytum comosum) which I know for sure is safe. Humorously, the plant and pot are a hefty 10lb though, so Iā€™ve had to improvise to find a spot to hang them!

Iā€™d like to get some acrylic shelving to suction mount to my window. Anyone have any favorite plants? I would love to try African violets again. I think theyā€™d do well in a window mounted tray. I have a small army of (cat and dog safe) orchids also upstairs, and Iā€™d be happy to move some down here also!

I keep seeing that rubber tree plants are parrot safe, which surprised me, because theyā€™re not great for dogs or cats. Some of the lists Iā€™ve seen them on however are from veterinary offices, so I assume itā€™s legitimate. I have a little one I got from a friend that Iā€™d be happy to pop down to my office if thatā€™s an option!

Most Reactions

Latest posts