Banned
Jun 29, 2012
United States
Parrots
'Jack' (Blue & Gold),
'Maynard' (Military),
'Zaffer' (Hyacinth),
'Salsa' (Green-wing)
I don't often check this section - not sure why.

I know this is an easy thing to say, and perhaps a very difficult one to do ... but if I were Marley69's husband, and if it were the only way, I would strive to find a new job. Once new employment were attained I would certainly report this clear case of animal abuse to the appropriate agency.

Another option would be to attempt and befriend the wife and then proceed to educate her about the genuine and serious health risk that she's imposing upon her birds. One problem in doing this, though, is that many people who are in denial of the real health risk to themselves posed by smoking are as well likely to deny the real dangers forced upon others by secondhand smoke exposure, and even to deny the HUGE health risk to pet birds imposed by 'direct induction of tobacco smoke' to them, as has been occurring in this case :(.

Something should be done, though!

Jason

Jan 1, 2013
Texas
Parrots
Chloe - Red Belly
I should not have read this post. This kind of thing makes me so angry.
I think I'll stop there.

BillsBirds

Jan 9, 2012
Largo, Florida
Parrots
Timneh African Grey (Bailey), Lovebird (Elvis)
I have worked for the SPCA and other Animal Welfare groups. Any report, anonymous or otherwise, is always followed through. I'm sure that if reported anonymously, something would be done. Everyone, PLEASE report any abuse! You do not have to give your name. The only focus here is the animals' wellbeing. So, please ALWAYS report any abuse, neglect, or abandonment. If you are not part of the solution...you are part of the problem. I understand that his boss is his key to his financial security, but, I could not continue to work for someone who'd do that. And would have called him in on the spot, quitting my association with him at that moment. That may sound easy to say, but, I am so outraged here & now, that in that moment, I would not have been able to control myself. Remember, we are guardians to all animals, not just the ones in our homes.

Most Reactions

Latest posts