Parrots and cycling!

ravvlet

Jun 25, 2019
Seattle WA
Parrots
Kirby - OWA, 33yrs old (2019-)
Broccoli - Dusky Conure - 3?mo old (July 2023 -)
~~~
(Rehomed) Sammy - YNA, 45 yrs old (2022-2023)
(RIP) Cricket - Cockatiel (2019-2022)
Hey all, I just got a pretty nice entry level road bike and had it all tuned up, and Iā€™m going to be installing front and rear racks on it today. I would LOVE to get Kirby on the bike with me (to be clear, itā€™s a bicycle not a motorcycle Lol). Problem is, I am not sure how to get the bag we have (itā€™s a birdie to go by celltei) onto the bike in a manner I feel safe about - not a lot of exterior attachment points.

I have considered upgrading to a regular Celltei pak-o, but wanted to check in to see if anyone else has biked with a bird. He does not fly and I would prefer him to be in a bag for safety reasons - and Iā€™d really love if he could ride in the front and not in the back, so I can keep an eye on him.

I could wear his backpack while cycling but I tend to adjust my position as I ride and I imagine it wouldnā€™t be fun for him to be jostled every time I lean forward or sit up in the saddle!

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
I would use a couple of fender washers inside and out and regular POP rivets to rivet a clamp t the back of the Celtii Bag-O and then you can zip tie it into the basket.

4781130-21.jpg

Fender washers
8792013-23.jpg

4527320-24.jpg

OP
ravvlet

ravvlet

Jun 25, 2019
Seattle WA
Parrots
Kirby - OWA, 33yrs old (2019-)
Broccoli - Dusky Conure - 3?mo old (July 2023 -)
~~~
(Rehomed) Sammy - YNA, 45 yrs old (2022-2023)
(RIP) Cricket - Cockatiel (2019-2022)
Hey, thatā€™s smart! I have a rear basket but not a front basket. I guess my old guy is just going to have to sit in the rear for now, as I have spent WAY A LOT on gear this month, haha. I did snag a doggie seat for the front of the bike - those are way easier to find than modifications for a parrot bag, haha. The front rack is actually just additional support for the doggie seat as I donā€™t trust it to support their weight safely without it.

The doggie seat isnā€™t here yet - but itā€™s possible I could also fit the celltei inside it, haha. Guess we will find out!

Most Reactions

Latest posts