Parrots missing in Wahiawa HI

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
Eclectus, CAG, BH Pionus, Maximilian’s Pionus, Quakers, Indian Ringnecks, Green Cheeked Conures, Black Capped Conures, Cockatiels, Lovebirds, Budgies, Canaries, Diamond Doves, Zebra Finches, Society F
-Lee is a lutino Indian Ringneck, female. She is bright yellow on her whole body, orange beak, red eyes.
-Grant is a green Indian Ringneck, male. He is mostly green with a black ring around his neck, orange beak, black eyes.
-Shiloh is a turquoise yellow-sided Green Cheeked Conure, male. He is mostly turquoise and grey with a yellow chest and belly and a small area of red on his belly. Black beak. He wears an ALOHA band.
-Kiowa is a dominant silver pied Cockatiel, male. He has patches of tan and yellow all over his body, orange cheeks, and a crest on his head. He has a band.
-Lakota is a cinnamon pied Cockatiel, and looks very much like Kiowa.
-Lacey is a dominant silver white face pied Cockatiel, male but young enough that he still has the "female" bars on the underside of his tail. He is white ad grey patches, also with a crest. His wings are clipped, the others all have all of their flight feathers.

These birds appear to have been released or taken from my Lanai on Schofield Barracks near Foote Gate. I AM NOT LOOKING TO PRESS CHARGES, I JUST WANT MY BIRDS BACK. Please, if you see them, or even THINK you see them, PLEASE CALL OR TEXT ME! Since most of them can fly, they could be miles away, nowhere on the island will be too far for me to look for them. Thier chances of survival in the wild are not good.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Oh Dani, My heart is breaking for you! I am praying you get them back.
Have you shared on FB? I know there is a 911 Parrot Alert lost bird page there.
I can find the link and send it to you if you aren't familiar with it.
I am so sorry, I can't even imagine how you're feeling right now.

OP
SilverSage

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
Eclectus, CAG, BH Pionus, Maximilian’s Pionus, Quakers, Indian Ringnecks, Green Cheeked Conures, Black Capped Conures, Cockatiels, Lovebirds, Budgies, Canaries, Diamond Doves, Zebra Finches, Society F
Im feeling like I have been hit by a truck.
I would love the link.
I have contacted the police, the humane society, many local vets and pet stores, over 20 pages on facebook, three different places on craigslist, alerts going out through both of the local parrot clubs, talked to the neighbors, plenty of searching has been done and is still in progress, and a friend of mine has made fliers. I checked on everyone around 6:30pm last night, and left the house. I try not to disturb them after dark so I didnt check when I got home. Due to a special day, I slept in, and didnt go to feed them until about 8:30 in the morning. They are missing from three different cages, but two of those cages still have birds in them. They didnt even take the "most valuable" birds, and from the way things look, I honestly think some kids were just trying to look. The parents around here, well, some of them have no responsibility or sense of parenting. My immediate neighbors are great though, I dont think it was one of my neighborhood kids unless they are new.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Last edited:
OP
SilverSage

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
Thanks I will check that out!
I hope they were stolen. Honestly, I would rather have them being with someone who cares enough to steal them, because then they will probably feed them, too! Of course I hate to think of people being so evil, but if they were stolen there is also a good chance they will try to sell them; its a small island and enough of the right people know what happened, I might be able to get them back that way.

MyFlock

Apr 15, 2015
Parrots
Conures, 2 Red bellied parrots lovebirds.
Oh my God!! I seen this posting on CL this morning! I never thought it would be you! How heartbreaking :(. I'm on the Leeward side but I'll keep a look out. I'll also notify my husband who works in a public service job.

I'm soooo sorry....

deque

Aug 7, 2014
Miami, Florida
Parrots
Bala- B&G, Capri- Greenwing, Cata- Catalina, Ruby- Military, Abbey- B&G
I'm not an overly religious guy but I'm on bended knee sending prayers your way. It takes alot to reduce me to a puddle but this did it.

"Please dear Lord help this flock/family"

Doublete

Mar 15, 2015
Maryland
Parrots
"Loki" turquoise GCC 1/4/15 hatch date-- "Chiqui" amazon 9/2010 hatch date---- "Banner" green parrotlet hatchdate 11/22/16

RIP "pineapple" lovebird
Omg.
I'm so sorry.
Thinking and praying all the best for you.

EAI

Jul 25, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Parrots
Budgerigar: Arrow, Esther, Kratos, Cora, Ducky.

Lovebird: Izzy, Gizmo.
I hope that they all return safely in no time. I printed out a few papers I'll be posting around Aina Haina and Hawaii Kai (in case they make it that far, who knows). My thoughts are with you.

I'll be going around the island a lot this week so I will definitely have my eyes all over in case I stumble across one your babies.

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Oh Dani! How heartbreaking!! I couldn't believe I was reading this :(!
I am so sorry, and I pray that your birds will be seen, captured, and make it back to you if it was kids that opened your gate. I am so hoping to see a good update here. I cannot even imagine.

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
O my. How absolutely heartbreaking:( I hope you find all of your babies safe and soon!

gracebowen

Jan 14, 2015
San Antonio
Parrots
Cora lovebird
Sky parakeet
People can be so mean sometimes. I hope you get them all back. You might want to check the cl pet section daily. What date did they get let out?

Last edited:

kq_fan

Jun 26, 2013
Media
Seattle, Washington
Parrots
Lilo - Female Green Cheek Conure ~ Pal - male cockatiel ~ Pheobe - female cockatiel
Oh no :( I am so sorry this happened. :( I will pray they will be safely returned!

Hawk

Banned
Banned
Dec 5, 2014
Media
Albums
Michigan, USA
Parrots
5 Parrots, 8 year old Blue-fronted Amazon, 2 1/2 yr. old African Grey, 2 3/4 year old Senegal. 5 month old ekkie, 5 month old Albino parakeet. Major Mitchell Cockatoo, passed away at age 68.
Oohhh no.....Sorry Dani. I do hope you find them.

Hopefully they are not far away from house. Mine got out not long ago and thought
it was the last of him...But he came back close to home. So don't give up,
They are bound to be with in a 400 to 1000 foot radius.

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Holy smokes, Dani!! WHY do these bad things always happen to such good people? :( I am truly so sorry!!

Hoping and praying they will all be returned to you. This smells like downright theft! :mad:

Hugs to you!!

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Oh No, Dani! I am so shocked and so sorry! I hope with all my heart you get your birds back safely. I know you are doing everything humanly possible to get them back home. Hugs and best of luck to you and to every one of your babies.

Most Reactions

Latest posts