Patio Doors are DONE!!

Solo

Feb 24, 2015
Wichita,KS
Parrots
Shamrock Macaw
Finally got the time, energy and supplies to install the doors. We removed the double Windows that were original to the house and installed patio doors with the blinds between the glass. Our awning has a full screen room attachment so I can take Phoebe straight outside. Still trying to figure out my plans for netting the backyard.
9212610155e1a1a2c3b4054f4bd3c85f.jpg
what I did with Phoebe during the process (as she lets herself out of the cage and the only bird safe room we have currently has a huge hole going outside).
bd420c22bf82c28bed3d4d45f14087ae.jpg
. And the finished project..
b05adf2ad5018524518fee9a7efc7b49.jpg

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
WOW, Rachael, that looks fantastic!! :D That was quite the big project. Bet you're so glad it's done. :)

LMAO @ Phoebe in her kennel. Clever girl!!

OP
Solo

Solo

Feb 24, 2015
Wichita,KS
Parrots
Shamrock Macaw
I'm thrilled! My marriage barely survived it. Home improvement projects cause a lot of conflicts between my spouse and myself. It's done though, now we can wait 6 months for another project..lol. Not sure what Phoebe thinks of the door yet, we haven't gone out through it. she does like the pine trim I put up though.

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
....My marriage barely survived it. Home improvement projects cause a lot of conflicts between my spouse and myself. .....

I can relate. :54: I understand. :32: We remodeled our bathrooms last year. We should have stopped and taken a looooong break after we finally finished the first one - but no, I had the glorious idea to do the second one shortly after. :eek: We're STILL taken a break before starting our next project, LMAO!

What are you going to do next, Rachael??

OP
Solo

Solo

Feb 24, 2015
Wichita,KS
Parrots
Shamrock Macaw
Next project will probably be expanding the utility room and creating a full pantry. She seems to like the extra light for sure, and now I'm not so worried. She had been chewing on the old windows that were rotting and rusted. But every time I had the day off it would rain..ugh!! Lol it's done now though [emoji2]

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Great DIY project! Congratulations!

Warning: SawsAll's can cut more out in one afternoon than can be replaced in one year! :D

Most Reactions