Pebbles found the hidden second bathroom :-)

camo

Jun 30, 2014
Parrots
Gizmo - Male Eclectus Parrot

Pebbles - Female Eclectus Parrot
It's been a while since I mentioned Pebbles progress.

In today's video, Pebbles is convinced that we have been hiding this second bathroom from her (she can see the reflection in the black tiles). Now if she can just work out how to get in:D (oh and of cause Gizmo wants to get in on the action, he flies into the room at the beginning of the video, and all the noises are him, wondering why we are being so quiet:D. sorry about the poor lighting)

[ame="http://youtu.be/VkzmNqvYtUw"]http://youtu.be/VkzmNqvYtUw[/ame]

As I post this, I am reminded of just how far Pebbles has come. We do not know her past, but we found her at a poultry auction, on a hot day, and I think this demonstrates the care and affection she was previously denied:mad:. When we first bought Pebbles home, it took a long time before I could even put my hand near her, she was too scared. It has taken a long time for her to trust again, but this is an example of the rewards for the effort.

Pebbles is now confident with flying (her confidence and ability has improved, although her ability is no where near Gizmo's), and she now feels comfortable exploring all rooms in the house.

Cheers,

Cameron

Last edited:

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
That's so cute! "I know theres another bird in here, but I can't quite reach her":D

I'm appalled that beautiful baby was at a poultry auction:mad:! She was so lucky you were there that day to spot her and bring her home. She looks very content, healthy and happy now.

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Hahaha! You can see how perplexed and intrigued she is in her body language. How does she react to seeing her reflection in a mirror?

OP
camo

camo

Jun 30, 2014
Parrots
Gizmo - Male Eclectus Parrot

Pebbles - Female Eclectus Parrot
Thanks for the replies & "thanks", we are so glad Pebbles is part of our family.

Hahaha! You can see how perplexed and intrigued she is in her body language. How does she react to seeing her reflection in a mirror?

Strangely she is not so keen on her reflection yet in the mirror. She doesn't mind being in front of the mirror from a distance, but she climbs my arm quickly if I move towards the mirror. It's something we are working on. Gizmo on the other hand just can't work out how the male Eclectus in the other room can predict his every move and meet him beak to beak:D

Cheers,

Cameron

Most Reactions

Latest posts