Pellet conversion

SoCalWendy

Jun 29, 2013
Kihei, Hawaii
Parrots
None at the moment
You'd be amazed how the wild birds will react to you feeding them. I used to have them waiting outside my work waiting for me to feed them. My co-workers wouldn't believe me until they actually saw one pecking at the window peeking in. I went outside and fed them. They never fly away from me as I'm only a feet away from them while my co-workers observed from the windows. :)

I stopped having a bird feeder when my canary, Skittle died. He used to love to sit at the window and chat with the wild canaries, sparrows and whatever else I could attract with the feeder. And they would hang out with him as well and chit chat. Well he made a connection with this one wild canary, it was love. But when he died, this bird would come to the window and call in to him. It would break my heart so I had to take it down. 4 months or so later, with no feeder there that bird came back again and called in. Oh it took my breath away, and I cried like a baby. Thats when I knew I had to get another bird.

Anyway when you described how the birds at your work react to you reminded me of that one movie where the guy turned in to Noah and all the birds followed him while he was driving is car and in to the window of his office. I can't remember the name of the movie, but when his co-workers walked in to see what all the commotion was about, there he was standing there with birds flying around his office and he was a human perch. :D

Ok I looked it up the actor was Steve Carell and the movie was Evan Almighty.

Last edited:

SoCalWendy

Jun 29, 2013
Kihei, Hawaii
Parrots
None at the moment
I originally tried parker on the coarse but he wasted so much that I switched him to the fine he seems to so well with it....I haven't tried the pepper yet...I had him on high po first then switched to lifetime

That's why I give both, Rio loves to eat the coarse with her foot. But then she just wants to eat. So she gets a few coarse pieces each day along with her fine. I try not to give more then she will eat in one day, including her fruits, and veggies.

I want her on it HP for at least 6 mos. its been almost two, then we will reevaluate at that time.

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
I have not seen that movie I don't think???? We watch way too many movies....lol...I'm gonna have to look it up when I get home...

SoCalWendy

Jun 29, 2013
Kihei, Hawaii
Parrots
None at the moment
I have not seen that movie I don't think???? We watch way too many movies....lol...I'm gonna have to look it up when I get home...

It's cute, if you like Steve Carell, and you like his movies. Let me know what you think if you decide to watch it. Love the animal parts, he is like an animal magnet.

Mayden

Apr 22, 2010
UK.
Parrots
Merlin & Charlie (Senegals)
Merlin and Charlie are on Harrissons Adult Lifetime Fine with Peppered Lifetime Course.

Think Charlie appreciates the peppered more than Merlin because he can hold it with his foot. Think the larger ones also end up with more waste.

Most Reactions

Latest posts