perch help please

BenjaminG

Sep 19, 2013
Pittsburgh
Parrots
Thor tiel (Male), Zazu African Grey. (Female)12/12/2013 hatch date
i have this awesome looking stick that is all different thicknesses and curves. its really cool looking, the pics dont do it justice lol. but it is very smooth. i was wondering if i got a thick hemp and wrapped it in a few places just to make it so he can get a better grip is that ok. or should i use something other than hemp.

is hemp even safe for macaws. any suggestions on how i can make this an awesome perch addition to his cage?

Last edited:

Betrisher

Jun 3, 2013
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Parrots
Dominic: Galah(RIP: 1981-2018); The Lovies: Four Blue Masked Lovebirds; Barney and Madge (The Beaks): Alexandrines; Miss Rosetta Stone: Little Corella
Yeah! Great stick! You could bind it in places with hemp or jute rope or string. Or, you could get some VetWrap bandages and wrap it with those. Do a search on 'cohesive bandage' on ebay and something usually crops up. VetWrap sticks to itself but not anything else, so that makes it quite useful (and versatile) in many ways. It comes in lots of colours too! :D

OP
B

BenjaminG

Sep 19, 2013
Pittsburgh
Parrots
thanks its a pretty huge stick lol. if i lean it in from one corner to the other on the top of the cage it its prob going to just hardly make it. but the stick itself has a ton of twists and character to add some to the cage and it also is has a ton of different thicknesses along it to help stop him from getting arthritis in his cut little feet haha

i have thick hemp so i think ill use that :)

OP
B

BenjaminG

Sep 19, 2013
Pittsburgh
Parrots
correction. going to have to remove side panel to fit it in haha. its 67 inches high. the door is not big enough haha

Most Reactions