Perplexed over pine wood!?!?

CrypticDelirium

Sep 16, 2010
NC
Parrots
Georigie, a very maniacal ball of fluff.
Babii (baby), The cuddle sponge
Sorry for the billionth DIY question, I'm still a total noob when it comes to making my own anything lol! I'm worried because pine and cedar CHIPS are such a huge no no, but there's plenty of "Safe natural bird wood lists" saying it's different with the perches? Does anyone know if pine (The EVERYWHERE pine like here in east NC) CAN be used safely, including slightly chewed safely, and if you have a preferred method of disinfecting/baking/etc?

IF pine can REALLY be done safely... I think my hubby'll have to duck and dodge through the whole house!! :p

(If not, maybe dogwood?)

Bobby34231

Jun 25, 2010
Media
Albums
Sarasota,Florida
Parrots
Quincy - Blue Throated Macaw, Skittles and Dusty - Rose Breasted Too's,
Joey - Yellow Crown Amazon, Ashley - CAG

Spiritbird

Banned
Banned
Aug 20, 2009
Media
If you have the book Parrots for Dummies you will info on grapefruit seed extract. You can soak the wood in a pan or bathtub with water and GSE. The book gives you how many gtts. to use. Oh sorry drops.

OP
C

CrypticDelirium

Sep 16, 2010
NC
Parrots
Georigie, a very maniacal ball of fluff.
Babii (baby), The cuddle sponge
Thanks Bobby, finally a list I know I can trust!! Argh TWO YEARS?! Humph. I'm not THAT patient!! XD
SB- Thanks, I probably shouldda looked there first huh... lol This is my "duh" moment of the day, time to do some reading!

I can't wait to figure this whole method out!!! = D It'll be like tarzan's jungle in here if I have anything to do with it!

Most Reactions

Latest posts