Pet Store VENT

OP
Minzer84

Minzer84

Mar 14, 2007
Massachusetts
Parrots
Iggy- YCA
I think there is something about the Hy on that page...it says that he is 15 years old and "the largest parrot in Rhode Island"...real nice. Doesn't sound like a rescue to me. And if he is a rescue, why is he in such a crappy enclosure, where people can see him from every side, not that they can touch him or anything. He has large black bars on the sides with padlocks on them. Like you could sneak that bird out. I dunno, I guess I'm being harsh, but doesn't seem like a rescue to me.

Deanna

Jun 25, 2007
Media
Colorado, USA
Parrots
Mojo the magnificent Maximillian Pionus; Cecil the clowny Senegal; and, Timothy the shy, fearful Parrotlet
I think there is something about the Hy on that page...it says that he is 15 years old and "the largest parrot in Rhode Island"...real nice. Doesn't sound like a rescue to me. And if he is a rescue, why is he in such a crappy enclosure, where people can see him from every side, not that they can touch him or anything. He has large black bars on the sides with padlocks on them. Like you could sneak that bird out. I dunno, I guess I'm being harsh, but doesn't seem like a rescue to me.

Sorry Minz, I just now went to look at their site. Golly, she has BIG hair! ... What strikes me the most is that they are purporting and selling themselves as certified avian experts. What you are describing is a business in business solely to turn a profit ... not to advocate and educate on animal welfare. :mad: :(

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Yeah I would like to think it was a rescue, but don't think so. And being rescued by this place, boy how unlucky could a bird be. The only people I can see buying from this place are the ones who haven't researched their animals and don't know any better. :(

Like you could sneak that bird out

And with that size beak are anyone really gonna wanna, well maybe me, but my hands are pretty beat up anyway, a few more bites won't make much difference :eek:

TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
15 year-old Sun Conure: Hamlet &
14 year-old Green-Cheeked Conure: Mac
To try and get a HY outta that situation, I don't care about my hands anyway ... besides, you are more likely to get "tagged" by a GW or B&G Macaw than you are a HY ... they are just soooooo gentle! Yes, his overall beak and body size are daunting ... but just think Saint Bernard here ...

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Yeah agree with ya there, but if your trying to stuff him up your jumper something is gonna get bit. :eek: I'm just hoping it was the hands. :D But hey being bit by a Hy that would be an honour IMO

Most Reactions