Petland Sun Conures I need help

OP
O

ohmyhi

Sep 22, 2013
Georgia
Parrots
None
This thread makes me so sad! You're doing your best but I really don't think these types of stores care about the animals they sell at all. I wish somehow people would stop buying animals from pet stores unless they're independents and use reliable breeders (or even better, check for birds that need rehoming at a local bird rescue). :yellow1:

It’s not fun because now the Jenday is on layaway…I’d be happy if we weren’t where we are. I’m worried that whom ever is buying her doesn’t understand that she’ll live to 25-30 years and requires yearly vet visits. But there’s nothing I can do now.

And I completely agree with you! I have to admit the pure bred puppies from petland have wonderful guarantees and they really make sure that the puppies come from the best place but for the rest of the animals they don’t put as much effort into it as they should. It’s a money business sadly

Abigal7

Jun 17, 2012
United States of America/ Kansas
Parrots
Captain Jack (Hahn's macaw)

Clover (green cheek conure)
Wow, I sorry you were let go. Hopefully those birds were bought by people who know how to care for them. I would like to know who they bought those two conures from (because they look very healthy and pretty). But they need to stay on a healthy diet. I am glad that you are trying to feed them healthy food. We do have one Petland in my state but never been into it. We also have one pet store in out state that is a all bird pet store. I would like to go into the all bird store just to look around. I am not big on buying birds from pet stores. My parents along time ago bought me a cockatiel from a friends small private own pet store. The pet store in town says they will only buy birds from a certified breeder.

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Latest posts