Pixel "Flying"

HalfInsane

Dec 23, 2011
British Columbia, Canada
Parrots
Pixel: female senegal, hatched Dec 15, 2011
Pixel has a rather over done wing clip (the breeder clipped her before I picked her up). She can't even gently glide to the ground, its more like a slow fall. Anyways. She was really hyper when I got home from work today, and she kept hopping all over the place, trying to fly.

I picked her up, said to her "Okay, ready? 1, 2...3!" And gently lobbed her on to my bed on '3'. She thought that was just the best thing, and came running back. After only few times she already had the countdown figured out.

On "Okay, ready?" She fluff her feathers, waits through the 1, 2...", and on '3' she starts flapping like crazy. Then she comes running like mad back to me for the next round.

Pretty mundane I suppose, but I just can't get over how cute her little count down routine is, or how quickly she caught on.

Karigan

Jul 3, 2011
British Columbia, Canada
Parrots
Kitoko: Female Senegal Parrot, born 2002
Talia: Female CAG, born 2008
Mateo: Female CAG, born 2008
Haha that's great! My girl had the same problem, her wings looked like someone butchered them since they were so uneven. Now six months later, she can get about a foot of lift and loves it! Lord help us when the rest of her feathers come in...

Remy

Jul 13, 2011
California
Parrots
Darcy (Golden-Collared Macaw), Puck (Caique - RIP)
Puck's wings were overclipped when I got him too! They are finally growing out again. I want to keep him clipped, but not over-clipped!

That is an adorable game. I wonder if I can get Puck to do it.

suebee

Jan 13, 2011
my nut loves flying, but remember bird proof house, perching areas and windows and doors checked before you let them out!!

nuts a flapper when she flies so we know where she is, i think she does this on purpose as we stand still to let her land, as this happens when she is behind us, but she is more then able to stealth fly around the house when she is feeling sneaky, or when she wants to swoop an hit us with her wing on her way pass :)

Mayden

Apr 22, 2010
UK.
Parrots
Merlin & Charlie (Senegals)
Thats so cute, I love seeing people play games like this with the birds. :)

Most Reactions