Please help! Hahns Macaw biting!!

goalerjones

Oct 24, 2011
Parrots
Hahn's macaw, RIP George, Jenday Conure
Just remember birds are creatures of habit, if I don't take them out of the cage in the morning and feed them in the morning in order boy they let me know by blowing my eardrums out. You're daughters bird had her comfortable routine has been interrupted .

Fascinating. How do you work out what is the right order. Do they accept a certain way after a period of time and then if it changes vocalise to let you know you done it wrong?
They learn from you. I get up, take the cover off the cage and then the morning starts. I have to finish the cycle and then I'm free to go back to bed (since I work nights) once I've spent time with her.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

plumsmum2005

Nov 18, 2015
England, UK
Parrots
Lou, Ruby, and Sonu.
Fly free Plum, my gorgeous boy.
Just remember birds are creatures of habit, if I don't take them out of the cage in the morning and feed them in the morning in order boy they let me know by blowing my eardrums out. You're daughters bird had her comfortable routine has been interrupted .

Fascinating. How do you work out what is the right order. Do they accept a certain way after a period of time and then if it changes vocalise to let you know you done it wrong?
They learn from you. I get up, take the cover off the cage and then the morning starts. I have to finish the cycle and then I'm free to go back to bed (since I work nights) once I've spent time with her.

Ooh remember them, need a strong constitution to cope as really mess you up. I wasnt so lucky as Plum decided when he thought I should get up and that was usually only six hours in for me. Talk about death warmed up LOL. :)

goalerjones

Oct 24, 2011
Parrots
Hahn's macaw, RIP George, Jenday Conure

Ooh remember them, need a strong constitution to cope as really mess you up. I wasnt so lucky as Plum decided when he thought I should get up and that was usually only six hours in for me. Talk about death warmed up LOL. :)
Yeah, I usually try to get to bed before the sun comes up, then I can sleep in til 11am if I'm lucky.

plumsmum2005

Nov 18, 2015
England, UK
Parrots
Lou, Ruby, and Sonu.
Fly free Plum, my gorgeous boy.

Yeah, I usually try to get to bed before the sun comes up, then I can sleep in til 11am if I'm lucky.

I would try and go back later but not good really. :)

Most Reactions

Latest posts