Please help

Saravp

Aug 20, 2023
Parrots
None
I am thirteen years old and have loved birds since i can remember. I spent my entire childhood researching birds so i know quite a bit about them. Finally mum has agreed to let me have a pet bird and we plan on letting this bird free fly obviously only after alot of recall and free flight training. I was looking through Gumtree birds when i came across this Major Mitchell cockatoo. It's in a tiny rusty cage with absolutely no space to move. It breaks my heart to think of that cockatoo and not doing anything about it. What should i do? I've had lorikeets and budgies and as i mentioned before years and years worth of research. Would it be reckless and irresponsible of me to buy it? I've read that Major Mitchells can be bitey birds. I don't know what to do but it breaks my heart seeing those photos. Please help.

pebbles1553

Nov 30, 2023
Media
Parrots
lovebird
I wish I could help, and I have done a lot of research too, but you really can't know. You don't know if the bird will eventually trust you, but there is lots of things you can try. but it hurts me too to see an abused birdie, I wish my parents would let me get lots of parrots, to adopt them.

OP
Saravp

Saravp

Aug 20, 2023
Parrots
None
I wish I could help, and I have done a lot of research too, but you really can't know. You don't know if the bird will eventually trust you, but there is lots of things you can try. but it hurts me too to see an abused birdie, I wish my parents would let me get lots of parrots, to adopt them.
Yeah, the problem is mum hated seeing animals suffering and in cages and if they're in her house she feels responsible and she hates that so she might not let me get him but i really want to. Same if i could rescue every bird in the world i would

pebbles1553

Nov 30, 2023
Media
Parrots
lovebird
yes, and you probably know this but make sure if you want to have a bird outside of the cage that you birdie-proof your home😊

Most Reactions

Latest posts