Please send healing vibes to my new addition. Little Baby Pipsqueak.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Oh dearest Hannah, I am shocked and filled with sorrow hearing Pip has passed. He was such a happy bird, a shining star who lifted your spirits. Fly free sweet Pip, you remain in our hearts.

OP
HannahandSunny

HannahandSunny

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Jan 13, 2019
Australia
Parrots
Cockatiels. Percy & Gizmo

Forever in my heart. Sunny the Corella
Thank you everyone for your kind words. It really means a lot to me.
I buried him in the rose garden this morning, along with many of my tears and a stick of his favourite food, millet. I then had to put on a brave face at work all day. I’ve just got home and the house is SO empty without him.

itzjbean

Jan 27, 2017
Media
Iowa, USA
Parrots
2 cockatiels
So very sorry to hear this! You were the angel that came into his life first to rescue him and now he can be the angel to watch over you. Your story is so full of love.

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo- 15? years old..I think?
So very sorry to hear this! You were the angel that came into his life first to rescue him and now he can be the angel to watch over you. Your story is so full of love.

For some reason, I keep thinking of It's a Wonderful Life.

I am not sure why exactly, but Pip reminds me a bit of Clarence....the angel-in-training who has kind of always had a rough time and isn't the most graceful but is oh-so-adorable---
He helps George, but George also helps him, and he gets "his wings" because of it...Now, Hannah, I don't think you are deeply troubled like George was, but it just keeps popping into my head for some reason.I thought about posting this morning and erased it because I wasn't sure if it was too obscure of a reference, but Izjbean's comment made me think of it again...so...now you know

(scroll to 32 Seconds in)
This is the scene that keeps popping into my head when I think of you and Pip...and if all the animals (or people) you helped could sing (past or present), I bet you a million dollars they would be in the crowd singling Auld Lang Syne with smiles on their faces ;) It's amazing what a difference one person can make it the lives of many (human, bird, or other)!

[ame="https://youtu.be/3NX4l6jAzFA?t=40"]YouTube[/ame]

If you haven't seen this film, you need to watch it, because my comparison would probably make a lot more sense then lol...

Last edited:

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Oh Hannah, my heart is breaking for you, I'm so sorry. Pip stole all of our hearts with his incredible spirit. I'm so glad he had you in his life to show him what true love and caring is.
Sweet Pip will always be remembered by so many. Sending much love to you.

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
I truly feel your heartache, have had far too many such mornings.
At this moment, it just hurts and the feeling of loneliness surround by silence only adds...
The most important remembrance is that Pip truly knew s/he was loved deeply and the most important days of life was filled with you. It may seem not enough, in your heart, but in Pip's, your love meant everything as it provide comfort and reason in a life prior to you provide little if any.
This World so needs far more sweet, caring people like you, dear friend.
Huge, Warm, Amazon Feather Hugs and Prayers Your Way!!!

Inger

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17
Hannah, I can’t be more eloquent than the previous posts but I’m holding you close in my heart and crying a little with you for dear Pip. I’m so very sorry, but also so thankful that he had such a wonderful life with you, however brief.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jen5200

Mar 27, 2017
Media
Albums
Washington State
Parrots
Baby - Sun Conure;
Tango - GCC;
Bindi - Sun Conure;
Stanley - Pineapple GCC;
Screamer “Scree� - Cockatiel;
Tee - Pineapple GCC; Jimmy - Cockatiel
I don’t know how I missed this - I’m so sorry to hear about Pip, but grateful that he found you and lived his best life with you.

Most Reactions

Latest posts