Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Birds stay in cages

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
Eclectus, CAG, BH Pionus, Maximilian’s Pionus, Quakers, Indian Ringnecks, Green Cheeked Conures, Black Capped Conures, Cockatiels, Lovebirds, Budgies, Canaries, Diamond Doves, Zebra Finches, Society F
What's the main method of poop control in your flock?

OutlawedSpirit

Apr 12, 2016
Northern Illinois, USA
Parrots
Bo - DYH ~ Gus - CAG ~ Twitch - Linnie ~ Apple - Pineapple GCC ~ Goliath - Quaker ~ Squish - Peach face Lovebird
I let my fids take care of that. The chicken potty trained herself in the first week I had her, and Tiki seems to be potty trained as well, as he has never gone while I have been holding him.

With my fosters, I use baby wipes to clean up anything, although it usually catches me off guard since my Ekkies are potty trained, I don't even think about poop half of the time. They have me spoiled.

khaiqha

Sep 19, 2012
Lewisville, TX
Parrots
Alexandrine Ringneck,
about to be getting a Jardine's
Potty Training and Paper Towels.

You can use a shoebox lined with newspaper as kind of a portable litter box.

LeaKP

Aug 11, 2014
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Congo African Grey
Poo patrol, good word! :-D

Nigel is 75% trained. He is perfect until he is upset about something, then he lets it rip... I keep newspapers, paper towels and a random roll of tp around...

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
You just deal with it!

My main bird-room floor is covered with painters plastic, so they can poop whenever, wherever.

Always wear "bird clothing" when they are on my shoulders as I move about the house or sitting with them. After a while they are chewed and discarded, usually with most of the buttons removed! :D

All of my floors are tiled, so any errant splat is easily cleaned.

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Jolly will fly over to his stand, drop a quick bomb, and then fly back to me... 95% of the time. Maya, on the other hand, isn't comfortable with flying and as such doesn't want to risk getting off of me once she's on. Hahaha! So I've bought puppy wee-wee pads that do a great job of protecting my pants from her fecal assaults while we're sitting. Lol! (Neither ever goes on my shoulder.)

plumsmum2005

Nov 18, 2015
England, UK
Parrots
Lou, Ruby, and Sonu.
Fly free Plum, my gorgeous boy.
Plum has not quite made up his mind on this one as we have a few variables.

Fly onto the floor and poop (to which he comes over to try an help clean up, wiping his beak at the side of me mimicking cleaning LOL
Do it on me anyway - 'Shout' gets it out LOL
If on top of his cage every time he will hang his butt over the side, I swear he likes the sound!
Occasionally ask to go 'bubbyes', ie go back to his cage.

Most Reactions

Latest posts