Poor Griffin...

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Wonderful news, Julie! I'm glad Griffin's A-vet rescued him from the lampshade torture device, now that it's served it's purpose, and I'm happy to hear the toe is already starting the healing process.

Poor Raven, I bet he's happy to have his friend back.

Sunset_Chaser

Sep 25, 2014
Minnesota
Parrots
Bella (B&G Macaw)
2 Yellow Naped Amazons,
8 Lovebirds,
2 Green Cheeks,
2 Sun Conures,
2 Indian Ringnecks,
2 Quakers
Yay! I bet he's one happy camper now!

thekarens

Sep 29, 2013
Good for Griffin! I'm glad he's free. I can't blame him for hating it no matter how necessary it was.

OP
RavensGryf

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Thanks ;). Actually since he hadn't slept a wink the entire night (I know, because when I'd wake up during the night I heard him biting the collar), he's exhausted and already in bed. In fact, he had been "in bed" most of the day after coming back from the vet. All the drama plus no sleep and very little food, I guess that's why the feisty little guy just isn't himself yet.

He lost some weight too from not eating for a day. From 110 to 103... He was extra small to begin with! :eek: Ruppell's are usually about the size of a Senegal, about 20-30 grams or so larger than Griffin. He's my tiny little fuzzy man with the big attitude lol :).

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Glad to hear he's healing without the torture device!! I'm sure he'll be back to his ideal weight very soon!!

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Poor Griffin! Glad he didn't end up having to keep the collar on. Sounds like it was driving him crazy.

But I'm sure he's on his way now to a speedy recovery. Please give him extra scritches for me!

Dinosrawr

Aug 15, 2013
Saskatoon, SK, Canada
Parrots
Avery, a GCC born on March 5th, 2013 & Shiko, a blue IRN born on February 25th, 2014
Oh my, poor boy! I'm glad he was able to have the a-okay to have it off and that without it he'll hopefully be able to sleep more too. He's such a spunky fellow, it's almost odd to think of him as subdued. I hope he's back to his silly self soon! And same goes to you Julie - I hope you are improving too.

Maybe the both of you should just lay in bed and make grumpy old man Robin cater to your needs! Though I could imagine him feigning ill with his cough and demand to be catered for as well... :D

OP
RavensGryf

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Thanks Chantal :). I really didn't think it was that serious, but now I'm not sure if a nail will regrow from that toe. We'll have to see. There is nothing there now.

veimar

Feb 5, 2014
Chicago, IL
Parrots
gcc Parry; lovebird Coco; 3 budgies (Tesla, Franky and Cesar); cockatiel Murzik, red rump parakeet girl Onyx
I'm so glad Griffin is doing better! He'll gain his weight! Parry lost over 20 grams during his ordeal, and I was in panic, but my vet told me not to worry about that and she was right. He got it back in less that a month.
Just keep and eye on him making sure he wouldn't chew on his toe. I know I'm paranoid about that, but when it heals and the new nails begins to grow it can be very itchy.

Most Reactions