(Possibly) not drinking

Dec 14, 2014
Parrots
R.I.P Kiwiberry, GCC.
Hi guys!
So I'm having to try to wean Floofy as he doesn't appear to be weaned properly. I'm incorporation more and more veg in his mash, he's eating breakfast now, he refused to eat earlier 'cause there was too much chop involved lol
Anyway, this involves me having to feed him and water him, then try to get him to eat by himself when he's not as hungry. So far it's working. BUT, he's not drinking, not that I can see at least.
It makes me pretty nervous. There's not a whole lot of white in the poo, it's usually runny/watery with poo.

He's not interested in water at all, he couldn't care less about it. I've tried to get him to drink from my finger (Kiwiberry would drink like this sometimes) I've put it on fruit, veg. I put pecan in the water, he just ate the pecan though, didn't take any intentional sips of water.
I'm really not sure what to do.

Any ideas?
I just checked his water, there's no residue in there that would indicate o any beak dipping.

Last edited:

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Sebastian, as long as Floofy knows where the water is, he will drink when thirsty. :) If you are providing him with foods that have a high water content, then he may not need to be drinking much water.

What do you mean you have to wean him? Does he require handfeeding (formula)? If not, then he IS weaned. Ekkis are super smart, and I think he'll quickly teach you that he'd rather be fed via hand from you, than walk over to his food bowl and feed himself, LOL.

OP
Psittaciformes
Dec 14, 2014
Parrots
R.I.P Kiwiberry, GCC.
Ironically, when I came back home it was pretty obvious he'd been drinking, then when I served dinner, he drank again!

Idk he just wants soft foods for the most part, or he'll scream. He'll eat some chop, but prefer soft stuff for now. Barely even have to give him any food before he stepped up to eat, so he's been good today, I'm super proud of him!

Most Reactions

Latest posts