Post up your RB2 (Galah) cages! Or other similarly sized 'toos :)

KatherineI

Mar 27, 2012
Media
Seattle, WA
Parrots
Loki (GCC) Sugar (Goffins)
LOL thats a great idea!! I never even considered buying one of those (they are expensive for a start lol) but I think Mana would love it :D

And YES!!! Storage underneath with a wider cage would be perfect! I have been thinking about making one LOL

I swear, I have a design, but not the tools required to make them. I'm sure they're out there though, just super super expensive :(

aether-drifter

Jan 12, 2013
Portland, OR
Just thought I would revive this thread, as I revamped Boris's cage setup.

C9w533b.jpg

5nKE4Sr.jpg

LuCU6jp.jpg

QaavKa5.jpg

QAkJ4YZ.jpg

Funny how this cage looked so huge to me at first; now I look at it and think he needs a double macaw.

Pinkbirdy

Feb 26, 2013
Clifton Springs Newyork
Parrots
macaw,LS2,congo grey,2Blk Hd caiques,Hawkhead,yellowstrk lory,Blue frnt amazon,sun conure ,Yellow sided greencheek ,Goffin ,Rosebreasted Cockatoo,Greenwing Macaw,Blue and Gold Macaw,Nanday conure,Ecle
Nice cage set up for Boris !! Whats his favorite toy ? Im just trying to figure cages out this morning . Im getting a just weaned one in June :) Heres a picture from his breeder :) How wide is your cage ?
pinkbirdy-albums-more-birds-picture8515-may-7rb2.jpg

aether-drifter

Jan 12, 2013
Portland, OR
Thanks! Your baby is so cute.
Boris's cage is 40" x 30". His favorite types of toys are plastic...specifically soft plastic or rubber. He's not as into wood. He does enjoy paper/cardboard shreddables and soft wood, but not as much as he loves plastic (it's his obsession). Currently his favorite thing in the cage is that bottle cap toy I just bought. He also enjoys the hanging stainless steel rings. And that mop-like thing by the purple perch, which is actually a dog toy. Fabric is another of his obsessions, particularly t-shirts with designs on them. I give him old ones to destroy when he's out of the cage.

Last edited:

Featheredsamurai

Aug 24, 2011
California
Parrots
African Greg
2 cockatiels
Nice cage set up for Boris !! Whats his favorite toy ? Im just trying to figure cages out this morning . Im getting a just weaned one in June :) Heres a picture from his breeder :) How wide is your cage ?
You baby is precious!

Rosie's cage is a little smaller, 36 x 26 x 68.

I always recommend planet pleasure toys, Rosie loves them which is saying a lot since she doesn't play with toys much. She LOVES paper

652923411977C.jpg

she also liked their foraging boxes

th

shredders

652923031373C.jpg

she likes this toy

img-fan_medium_2.jpg

she also likes the cluster toy

natureclustersm.jpg

Last edited:

Pinkbirdy

Feb 26, 2013
Clifton Springs Newyork
Parrots
macaw,LS2,congo grey,2Blk Hd caiques,Hawkhead,yellowstrk lory,Blue frnt amazon,sun conure ,Yellow sided greencheek ,Goffin ,Rosebreasted Cockatoo,Greenwing Macaw,Blue and Gold Macaw,Nanday conure,Ecle
Very cool, thanks Copper and Moonchild :)

Jayyj

Apr 28, 2013
UK
Parrots
Alice - Galah cockatoo
Couple of photos of my new setup to share - planning to add a second tier of the java branches with holes drilled in for hiding nuts and things for her to forage, but my wallet needs to rest for a few weeks... Note the blurry galah having a good go at figuring out the opening mechanism for the top section, might have to make that one a little more secure!

WP_000657.jpg

Play area up top:

WP_000670.jpg

Pinkbirdy

Feb 26, 2013
Clifton Springs Newyork
Parrots
Nice cage [Does Alice like all the room ?] .Does she have a favorite kind of toy yet?

Jayyj

Apr 28, 2013
UK
Parrots
Alice - Galah cockatoo
She seems to prefer things which weren't intended as toys - she has great fun with the clasp that holds the drawbridge hatch at top of the cage, loves running her beak along the wall and loves shredding paper. The most popular toy is the straw thing at the back, although dragging the toys back and forth by pulling at the C rings from the outside of the cage is quite popular. I bought a giant clamshell for her which she likes sitting on and chipping off little bits off. The swings and ropes are the least popular: she's interested in them and gives them a quick tweak when she's passing them but is scared to step onto them as yet.

GracelynNBirds

Nov 24, 2015
Texas
Parrots
Pearl, Female, Cockatiel: Penelope
Just thought I would revive this thread, as I revamped Boris's cage setup.

C9w533b.jpg

5nKE4Sr.jpg

LuCU6jp.jpg

QaavKa5.jpg

QAkJ4YZ.jpg

Funny how this cage looked so huge to me at first; now I look at it and think he needs a double macaw.

Hello, I was wandering if you could share a link, or what this cage is called because I'm trying to get a Galah and I want it to have a big cage to start with. ;) Thanks!

Gracelyn, :yellow1:

Jayyj

Apr 28, 2013
UK
Parrots
Alice - Galah cockatoo
Wow, just had a look at my old picture of Alice's cage - it's so empty! I added a second tier of java branches so she has an upstairs and downstairs, and she seems to have far more toys now. Spoilt bird syndrome...

Most Reactions

Latest posts