Potential illness?

MeredithBlake

Mar 7, 2013
Southern California
Parrots
Cookie- GCC hatched April 2002
Hello! This is my first time posting here, so if I do this wrong I apologize. I need some advice concerning my green cheek/black cap hybrid, Cookie.
As of a few days ago, the urine in her droppings changed color. The fecal matter is still green (sometimes brownish), and the urates are still white-cream colored, but the urine has become transparent brown as opposed to a clear fluid. However, this occurs only in the morning, and by late afternoon, the droppings have returned to their normal color.
Her diet (seeds, pellets, avi cakes, and as much fresh food as she'll take, which isn't much) has not changed, and nor has her weight (86 g). She's around 12 years old and has never been ill, and is showing no different behavioral signs- no lethargy, no depression, no weight gain, nothing obvious.
I'm worried about possible kidney disease, or liver disease. Does anyone have any experience with this? The vet will call and give me an appointment as soon as one is available, otherwise it's about a week until I can see them.

Attachments

• photo (1).jpg
    photo (1).jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 331
  • photo (2).jpg
    photo (2).jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 367
E

Eclipse

EEK!!!:eek: The second one is SO different then the first one! It is understandable that u worry. That is a good idea, taking Cookie to the vet. I think thats the most sensible and safest thing to do. Cookie might have kidney disease when you aren't in the house and it would be too late to save her. Take her to a vet and you won't regret it. ;)

sodakat

Jul 15, 2009
Does she hold her poop overnight? If she's been doing that the first morning poop can look different.

secuono

Mar 8, 2013
Virginia
Parrots
Green Cheek Conure, Cipher
Green Cheek Conure, Kirby
Is parrot poop always the same??
Farm bird poop can vary drastically in color, texture and consistency.
Sorry if comparing the two is annoying, but that's what happens when you know different kinds of birds. =/

Greenwing

Mar 8, 2013
Parrots
GW , BG , DYH , YN, CAG
If she is on pellets I would consider that normal.. all my birds on occasion poop brownish( just like pic) And all there blood work comes back fine....

Not sure if it's the pellets, fruits or veggies .. But I see it often

Most Reactions

Latest posts