jabbgard

Feb 15, 2012
Media
Atlanta, Ga
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo- Mickey
Parrotlet- Peanut
Sun Conure- Seelee
Mickey my cockatoo is paper trained. We just got him a new cage...2 days ago.....its amazing BTW...:)

Anyways he also has a PVC perch that is the uglyist thing I have EVER seen that his past owners "made" for him.... I got the cage with the huge play top so he could chill up top during the day and he will play up there but when its time to "poo" he goes to his perch, which has paper under it, and does his thing and then goes back up and continues playing...

What I guess Im asking is, does anyone know how I can get him to "poo" on the paper on the top of his cage in the tray, instead of using the perch thing? I honestly would like to get rid of the eye sore but I dont want him just hanging his rear end off his cage and letting her rip.....if you get my drift... :)

Any suggestions are appreciated :)

Ashlee

48c633c9.jpg

Mare Miller

Banned
Banned
May 14, 2011
Media
sierra foothills of central California
Parrots
13yr. old male umbrella cockatoo,
we call him Amigo!

7yr. old Goffin cockatoo, she IS Sassy!!
To me it looks like he's enjoying this pvc perch. Amigo has the exact same cage that I see in the back ground there. He likes to hang there when he's in the house, but, I know it gets to be a little, not big enough when he has to hang out there all day long.

Amigo is also concerned about where and when he poops. He will hold it till he's on his cage to cut it loose. I line newspaper around his cage, (on the floor), to catch this event.

I'm thinking that you might need to relax with the perch and allow him to enjoy it.

BillsBirds

Jan 9, 2012
Largo, Florida
Parrots
Timneh African Grey (Bailey), Lovebird (Elvis)
If he's trained to it, you might be best keeping it. Maybe you could dress it up with vets wrap. And hang some toys on it. Maybe a few branches wired to it. Be creative!

Most Reactions