Prayers needed !

Inger

Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17
So happy sheā€™s home and on the mend. Thanks for the update. Like everyone, Iā€™ve been wondering how both of you were doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Yep, she is home and driving me crazy, but thats a good sign, right? Please, say that it's right!

Al, itā€™s the best possible sign! Thank God your Geri is home driving you crazy, wonderful update. Youā€™ll both remain in my prayers.

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
Eclectus, CAG, BH Pionus, MaximilianĆ¢ā‚¬ā„¢s Pionus, Quakers, Indian Ringnecks, Green Cheeked Conures, Black Capped Conures, Cockatiels, Lovebirds, Budgies, Canaries, Diamond Doves, Zebra Finches, Society F
Thinking of you today, and praying today is another step toward recovery :)

OP
wrench13

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Thanks every one, Geri is felling much better, still not 100% but much better daily. Having even a mild heart attack is life changing, what with dietary changes, add'l medications and just physical draining. I stayed home this week to take care of cooking, critter tending an stuff. We both have to take things a bit easy, as I am still recovering from a much more serious heart problem (quintuple heart bypass, with plates and screws holdin' it all together). She really appreciates everyones prayers and good thoughts.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Glad to see Geri improving. You both now speak a common cardiac lingo and can support each other in the quest for wellness.

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
Eclectus, CAG, BH Pionus, MaximilianĆ¢ā‚¬ā„¢s Pionus, Quakers, Indian Ringnecks, Green Cheeked Conures, Black Capped Conures, Cockatiels, Lovebirds, Budgies, Canaries, Diamond Doves, Zebra Finches, Society F
Thanks every one, Geri is felling much better, still not 100% but much better daily. Having even a mild heart attack is life changing, what with dietary changes, add'l medications and just physical draining. I stayed home this week to take care of cooking, critter tending an stuff. We both have to take things a bit easy, as I am still recovering from a much more serious heart problem (quintuple heart bypass, with plates and screws holdin' it all together). She really appreciates everyones prayers and good thoughts.

I feel like the very idea of calling a heart attack ā€œmildā€ is confusing.

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon

Terms can be confusing especially when they define something as life changing as a heart attack. That said, the medical industry has created a scale that allows them to help us understand what level of that event one experienced. As emergency medical care has improved, the number of us that die from a heart attach has decreased greatly. Part of that is their being able to define the post care required based on the extensiveness of the heart attack.

I fully understand the confusion. Heart attack is a word that chills the heart of near everyone. Especially when it is connected with those close to us. However, when one lives within families (all four sides) who's DNA leans toward heart failure the clarity that such terms provide /become more helpful and understandable.
It may sound odd, but in my families, the term 'mild' is comforting, where 'massive' is chilling.

Last edited:

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo- 15? years old..I think?
Thank goodness! I cannot imagine the stress you went through- I am sure the worst is over, but I do not doubt that you are still experiencing the residuals. I am so happy that things are looking up. Life can be crazy..ugh. Glad to hear she is home!

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.

Terms can be confusing especially when they define something as life changing as a heart attack. That said, the medical industry has created a scale that allows them to help us understand what level of that event one experienced. As emergency medical care has improved, the number of us that die from a heart attach has decreased greatly. Part of that is their being able to define the post care required based on the extensiveness of the heart attack.

I fully understand the confusion. Heart attack is a word that chills the heart of near everyone. Especially when it is connected with those close to us. However, when one lives within families (all four sides) who's DNA leans toward heart failure the clarity that such terms provide /become more helpful and understandable.
It may sound odd, but in my families, the term 'mild' is comforting, where 'massive' is chilling.
Excellent points, Steven. I've also heard women often lack the traditional advance signs of an infarct, potentially delaying treatment.

Most Reactions

Latest posts