Price of lutino Galah in US?

Betrisher

Jun 3, 2013
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Parrots
Dominic: Galah(RIP: 1981-2018); The Lovies: Four Blue Masked Lovebirds; Barney and Madge (The Beaks): Alexandrines; Miss Rosetta Stone: Little Corella
PHR is Pale Headed Rosella - just like the Eastern/Western, only with a pale yellow head. When I first spotted it, I thought it was a ghost - LOL!

We don't get koalas locally, but my brother-in-law is continually moving them out of his back yard (he has dogs and is terrified of an accident). He lives at Anna Bay, so not that far from the RAAF Base. We sit on his sundeck and can see the actual faces of the FA/18 pilots as they bank around the coastline on manoeuvres.

I know there's Brush Tails and Ringtails locally, and even Greater Gliders over at the Uni (Powerful Owls take them and leave the remains conveniently at the bottoms of light posts). I have no idea what smaller native mammals might still be around: I haven't even seen a Bandicoot in over twenty years! Birds are easy to watch, but the native mammals are mostly nocturnal, so you never get to see them. :(

Mike17

Aug 12, 2013
Media
Albums
Outback Western Australia
Parrots
Alex- Eclectus, Ariel- whiteface, Junior- pied, Custard-lutino, Ziggy- pearl cockatiels, Kermit- Princess parrot, Jade- Plumhead parrot, George- budgie, Coco- Rainbow lorikeet, Corey-Little Corella.
Pale headed rosella (I only got that because she mentioned them before xD )

I'd love to see one of those in real life. Heck I'd be amazed to have wild nesting parrots - not matter what they are! When my dad was in somewhere (LOL, he's in the army, I think somewhere around Australia) he said he saw lots of parrots.
I'd be tempted to knab one just for some cuddles! (One of the babies)

Thanks... I'm not too good with the abbs on this forum:)

I've seen a lot of birds in the wild, from bushwalking and, believe it or not, hunting (despite what some people might think, hunters don't walk around blazing at everything, we'd often go all day without firing a shot). Haven't ever seen too many nesting though, they're usually right up a gum tree in a hollow. Wrens and the like are down close to the ground though and saw a few of their nests.

I don't find baby birds all that cuddly, until they get their feathers:)

Sungazer

Feb 14, 2013
Australia
Parrots
Galah
Eclectus
Crimson Rosella
When I was in the bird shop the other day I checked with the owner re wild caught birds and yes it is legal with a license. There are 5 licensed people in the my state apparently and they have quotas and are supposed to tag the birds, Which I dare say the do up to the quote . But as you dont even need a license for a Galah the breeding of them is not tracked or monitored and you could get anything really.

I thought in the interests of before everyone chiming in and saying i was wrong I would do the research and post the results

http://www.dse.vic.gov.au/plants-an...mmercial-wildlife-wildlife-controller-licence

The holder of a controller licence may:

• trap and remove brushtail possums from a roof
  • take and destroy reptiles
  • live trap and sell three taxa of wildlife birds (sulphur-crested cockatoos, galahs and long-billed corellas) but only to the holder of a wildlife dealer licence or an appropriately licensed interstate wildlife dealer.
A licence holder endorsed to take and sell sulphur-crested cockatoos, galahs and long-billed corellas:

• must mark each bird taken with a ring (band) attached on its left leg. The rings will be supplied by DEPI, upon payment of a $5 royalty for each bird taken. Rings must be attached to all birds taken in accordance with the licence, before leaving the trap site.
  • may only trap sulphur-crested cockatoos, galahs and long-billed corellas on private property in an area where they are declared to be unprotected or if the land owner or occupier has a current authority to control wildlife for the relevant taxa.
  • must not trap, sell or trade any other taxa of wildlife listed in schedule 6 of the Wildlife Regulations 2013.

Last edited:

MonicaMc

Sep 12, 2012
Media
Parrots
Mitred Conure - Charlie 1994;
Cockatiel - Casey 2001;
Wild Caught ARN - Sylphie 2013
If it's been legal to shoot galahs, I don't see why it would be against the law to capture them as well...

Most Reactions

Latest posts