Princess Parrot is an annoying biter!

JackJack

Feb 12, 2013
Hello all,
My name is Rosey and I have a beautiful little Princess parrot named Jack. He's about 4 months old but he WILL NOT STOP BITING ME or my partner. We have tried everything, but no matter what we do, we can't stop him. I feed him, I give him treats when he's not biting and I give him attention. But If I'm just sitting on the floor watching him play with his peg basket (he loves pulling them out) he will decide to come over and BITE ALL MY TOES. It hurts so bad, it makes my toes bleed! I don't know how to fix it and it's too hot to have socks on. He bites fingers, arms, legs, ears, noses, mouths.. anywhere he can wrap his beak around. It's painful and it's upsetting me. What can I do to make him get his act together? I just want to scream at him but I know it wouldn't make a world of difference. I don't know how to break his stupid habit.

MonicaMc

Sep 12, 2012
Media
Parrots
Mitred Conure - Charlie 1994;
Cockatiel - Casey 2001;
Wild Caught ARN - Sylphie 2013
Is it aggressive? Curious? Playful?

It sounds like Jack just loves to explore his world, which involves biting everything. Have you tried distracting him with foot toys or treats before he bites? Young birds are naturally inquisitive and beaky... kind of like a puppy that must chew on everything. Rather than discouraging the behavior, encourage chewing on appropriate items.

Last edited:

MonicaMc

Sep 12, 2012
Media
Parrots
Mitred Conure - Charlie 1994;
Cockatiel - Casey 2001;
Wild Caught ARN - Sylphie 2013
You're right, my mistake. I was thinking how pink Princess parrots are, particularly the males!

Most Reactions