Puck REALLY wants to go outside!

Remy

Jul 13, 2011
California
Parrots
Darcy (Golden-Collared Macaw), Puck (Caique - RIP)
He keeps pushing aside the blinds and looking out the window and making purring sounds. This morning he went between the blinds and the windows and was purring. Now he's walking back and forth on the couch, looking anxious to get out. Now he's making silly sounds in between the blinds and the windows again!

He did this yesterday too, so I took him on a walk around the block, which he enjoyed.

He looves being outside so much, but I don't have a balcony or a yard, so it's hard for me to do that for him outside of walks, or when we're at my boyfriend's house. When he's at my mom's he gets more outside time when she's working out in the yard.

suebee

Jan 13, 2011
aww nut was all i wanna go out, when it was sunny here, as she is flighted the best we could do was to take her main cage out

pucks lucky to be able to go outside, don't feel bad as his not out as much as he likes, as he still gets out

merlinsmom13

Jul 27, 2010
Beckley, WV
Parrots
Merlin a Red Crowned Amazon
I know, our outside time is almost over. Merlin goes out in his cage to our deck. Our deck is really shaded, so it has to be pretty warm to be comfortable. We went out on Tue, he was so happy. Spent the whole time checking out the blue jays & crows.

QuackQuack

Oct 20, 2011
Midwest USA
Parrots
KITTY: Pineapple Green Cheek Conure (2 year old)
BODE: Nanday Conure (5 years old)
KIWI & BLUE: English Budgerigars (RIP after 10 years)
I used to take my childhood Congo African Grey outside with a harness! He would make crow calls to try to make friends...they weren't buying! - Oh, the nostalgia I'm having right now ;)

OP
Remy

Remy

Jul 13, 2011
California
Parrots
I was too busy at work to take him outside today... hopefully tomorrow will be less busy!

Merlinsmom13: I live in Southern California so I forget that other people have real seasons that affect one's ability to go outside! I think it would be cool to have them though.

QuackQuack

Oct 20, 2011
Midwest USA
Parrots
QuackQuack says real seasons especially with snow are no fun for little birdies :'( It is beautiful for the first week though...then it gets a little irritating!

OP
Remy

Remy

Jul 13, 2011
California
Parrots
Awww.. Where do you live? I was thinking of getting a UV bird light since I don't actually go outside that much.

QuackQuack

Oct 20, 2011
Midwest USA
Parrots
I'm in the Midwest - kind of by Chicago COLD WINTER

Most Reactions