Quaker Parrot Needs HELP!

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
What a great story to share! These laws are out dated. Quakers have never become pests of agriculture. They have benefited 9 native species that cohabitate in their nests. Due to lack of cavities for our native cavity nesting birds. I have an article in my ornithology thread on this. They are nit aggressive to our native birds. Yes they can nest in power lines, but we provide alternatives for native species that nest in power poles. Its been found that works for them as well. There are many many other parrot species that can also survive, like ring neck parrots. Yet these other species aren't banned.
O hope we here from the poster, and that we can reunite this parrot. Or get it out of Pennsylvania!!

julezz87

Dec 27, 2020
Hi ! This is very unlikely because the band numbers don’t match but it never hurts to check.

What words can the parrot speak? I lost a quicker 3 months ago named Harry and he can say his name, the word hello, and laugh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

julezz87

Dec 27, 2020
There was a blue quaker reported lost from Massachusetts in September
LOST REPORT #: L67397

Saturday September 26th 2020

Bellevue Hill, Boston, Massachusetts, US

2 km
1 mi
+
−
Leaflet | Map Data [emoji2398] OpenStreetMap
LOST REPORT #: L67397 - COMMENTS
His favorite food is grapes, his head feathers are molting, he loves the sound of bells.

That's from parrot 911 , I can help contact if needed.

There are a couple if Blue quaker other than mine lost in Florida too. But someone would have probably have to kept them and sold them up north, or traveled with them .....
If its nit a closed leg band, then there us always a grasping at straws thst it was mine, but same deal they woukd hsve to out a new band in and sold up north, or traveling and he escapeds again ...hey I want to believe in miracle, and I love my Neptune so very much!!!.... I had a crying spell earlier today thinking of him and missing him

Haha, that’s my parrot.. hoping somehow it’s him but it’s unlikely

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Aww....im sorry you lost your baby too.. I lost mine in north Florida..
We can hope its yours, and someone changed the band. But also your are closer and can rescue him/her and get them out of Pennsylvania !!! While hopefully still trying to find the owner.

julezz87

Dec 27, 2020
I’m hoping the band was somehow changed but I don’t know if he’d ever let that happen lol! But there’s still a little hope!

I’m sorry for your missing parrot as well :( I know how it feels to loose a Quaker and I hope yours comes home soon!!

Littleredbeak

May 27, 2020
Aww....im sorry you lost your baby too.. I lost mine in north Florida..
We can hope its yours, and someone changed the band. But also your are closer and can rescue him/her and get them out of Pennsylvania !!! While hopefully still trying to find the owner.

I spoke with the ruffle feathers sanctuary and they said they could take the bird - just need to line up transport. The Quaker then will go to their aviary with flock of quakers. We got disconnected - they had poor reception. A breeder in Florida gave me the company that will have the breeder information - then hopefully connect to the owner. I know if this was my little one I’d be heart broken and would want to be found.

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
I'd love to hear who keeps breeder band numbers, as I've never found a source.

We definitely pray the family us found!! Thst would ve so wonderful

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo- 15? years old..I think?
THANK YOU ALL! I hope OP sees how many of us care so much and also pats himself/herself on the back for coming here where there are so many parrot people.

I really hope this baby finds a home (preferably the original, but a home)...!!!

Thank you again, for those of you who responded, and for the original poster (who clearly has a lot of compassion, sense, and integrity!!)

Littleredbeak

May 27, 2020
Just got off the phone with the band company! They found a match- they couldn’t give me the information for the breeder but they are contacting the breed to give mine.

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo- 15? years old..I think?
just got off the phone with the band company! They found a match- they couldn’t give me the information for the breeder but they are contacting the breed to give mine.

aweeesooooooommmmmmmeeee!!! High fives to you!!! IF OP doesn't check back, I am hoping you can still contact with the help of Google and the username

Littleredbeak

May 27, 2020
Spoke with the breeder of this little quaker. The Quake was hatch in Florida back in 2007. She doesn’t have records going back that far but will post him on her facebook. I am sending her a link to this forum. I was really hoping :/

Last edited:

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
That's incredible! Chances of that happening are so unlikely, you have no idea! Just... WOW! I hope a connection can be made and this lost little guy finds his way home!

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
the people who have her, can they post a generic parrot found post, and nit say species, so no official get riled up, and see if the owner will contact them? The owner may be afraid to post if they know they aren't allowed in the state. Plus its so cold many people think their birds die.
Sooo much I want this parrot reunited!!!! 13 years as someone's baby!!!

bug_n_flock

Jan 2, 2018
Isolated Holler in the Appalachian Wilderness
Parrots
B&G Macaw, Galah, 5 cockatiels, 50 billion and a half budgies. We breed and do rescue. Too many to list each individual's name and age etc, but they are each individuals and loved dearly.
So much love in this thread... you guys are amazing! Crossing fingers and toes he gets home where he belongs

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Do you think the person who brought to the shelter.........was really the owner giving up the bird????
Amazing Jenn5200 is searching the internet like mad trying to find a lost listing

Most Reactions

Latest posts