Question about Shipping

Helitorian

Dec 15, 2011
Nebraska
Parrots
RIP Constantine: Jenday Conure
How many of you have had your birds shipped to you? I'm a bit leery about buying a bird I don't get to meet but there are hardly any good breeders in my state. I do want to get a Sun or Nanday but the little Turq GCs are very pretty. I'd like to hear some stories, advice and opinions about shipping a bird. Thanks everyone!

MissyMe83

Nov 29, 2011
Indiana
Parrots
Tate ~~
White Capped Pionus -
Violet ~~ Yellow Naped Amazon - Jupiter ~~ Baby B&G Macaw (coming soon)
I purchased my pionus from a very nice breeder in TX and he was shipped to me via Delta. He was just about 4 months old and did great with the flight. I live in IN so it was a longer one.... I fully reccomend her and ibelieve she has what you're looking for.

evesta

Mar 22, 2012
Nebraska
Parrots
House and Wilson-Lineolated Parakeet Brothers
I'm in Nebraska too and there is a bird fair coming up on April 29th, you might meet a good breeder there.

OP
Helitorian

Helitorian

Dec 15, 2011
Nebraska
Parrots
I purchased my pionus from a very nice breeder in TX and he was shipped to me via Delta. He was just about 4 months old and did great with the flight. I live in IN so it was a longer one.... I fully reccomend her and ibelieve she has what you're looking for.

Can you post her website? Thanks :)

MissyMe83

Nov 29, 2011
Indiana
Parrots
Tate ~~
White Capped Pionus -
Violet ~~ Yellow Naped Amazon - Jupiter ~~ Baby B&G Macaw (coming soon)
BirdBreeders.com :: The Bird Lady - [email protected], Mcallen , TX 78501 Baby Birds
progress.gif

evesta

Mar 22, 2012
Nebraska
Parrots
House and Wilson-Lineolated Parakeet Brothers
Yeah the fair is in Council Bluffs actually. I'm south of Lincoln. I was looking for a conure too before I discovered linnies. I believe there were was a breeder in Sioux City area. I have talked to some rescue people before at Petco and they were very helpful about any breeders they knew, some were breeders too and I believe they will be at the bird fair.

OP
Helitorian

Helitorian

Dec 15, 2011
Nebraska
Parrots
Yeah the fair is in Council Bluffs actually. I'm south of Lincoln. I was looking for a conure too before I discovered linnies. I believe there were was a breeder in Sioux City area. I have talked to some rescue people before at Petco and they were very helpful about any breeders they knew, some were breeders too and I believe they will be at the bird fair.

I'll have to see if I can get that day off from work and head down. It's only a 2 hour drive for me which is nice.

Rio Mom

Apr 7, 2011
Pennsylvania
Parrots
River - Green Cheek
Conure/
Pepper - Congo African Grey/

Rest in Peace Rio
What ever happened to the bird you were trying to buy from the store you worked at?

Most Reactions

Latest posts