Question about Teflon related products.

Tangie

May 10, 2013
Maine
Parrots
Kiko; A cockatiel.
Tangie; My beloved Sun Conure who passed away in May 2013
I have a few questions to ask about Teflon related products. A week or two ago one of my friends dropped off a few kitchen supplies. Included in the supplies was a used, huge skillet type thing. My mother used it a few times since then, and I've never given a thought that even if it isn't a 'pan', it could still be Teflon. I have a Cockatiel upstairs in my room, and I am worried that he will be killed if it is Teflon. I decided to give it a try outside of the house to cook eggs. It seemed like I had to put butter down or the eggs would stick. So, would that automatically rule out Teflon? Below is a few pictures. One picture it looks really weird because it shows that it is very much used and worn down. Please give me some advice.

This first one shows the wear and tear by flash.
100_4690.jpg

And the second will be in my next post.

Attachments

• 100_4690.jpg
    100_4690.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 237
OP
Tangie

Tangie

May 10, 2013
Maine
Parrots
Kiko; A cockatiel.
Tangie; My beloved Sun Conure who passed away in May 2013

Attachments

• 100_4692.jpg
    100_4692.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 263

Zumaria

Sep 30, 2013
Chicago, IL
Parrots
Congo African Grey: Jenga
I've been curious about that too, I have a baking pan for cookies etc. that is very similar...

I'm excited to hear others opinions

Maria_Metropolis

Nov 12, 2013
Parrots
White Face Cinnamon Pearl Pied Cockatiel - "Muffin"

Hatch Date: October 4th, 2013
RIP July 4, 2014
And the second one is this one.
100_4692.jpg

That looks like teflon and it's missing part of its surface which is also unhealthy for you as well. I would throw it out.

I actually research cookware before I purchase it to make sure its POFA and PFTE free. I do this for my own family's health, and I don't even have a bird yet.

Most Reactions