Quick Rabbitair Question

patch

May 14, 2012
Parrots
Nanday mutation
Hey all! I used to open the windows (screens down!) to let in fresh air but with the outside heat the way it is, I invested in a Rabbitair purifier. It should be here later this week. I?ve read in a few places to hook it up outside and let it run for a bit to off-gas. I was wondering how long I should let it run for? And do I need to do this every time I purchase a new filter, or just this once?

Flboy

Dec 28, 2014
Greater Orlando area, Florida
Parrots
JoJo, 'Special' GCC, Bongo, Cinnamon GCC(wife's)
Hi! Have very little experience with this unit, but what I have will, at least, bump your question back up!
Outside for probably about 30 minutes. This is only a guess!
If it has an ozone setting, you must leave it off!

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Air filtering system units commonly do not have a heating devise and as a result the concern becomes the fan motor. The combination of bring the capacitors to full charge and the fan to operating temperature should solve any issue regarding off-gassing. The case plastic may off-gas near /around where the motor mounts. The general low temperatures of those items should be done with any off-gassing with in 30 minutes to an hour of run time outside.

I am not aware of any filter that would require off-gassing time. It is important to remember that changing the filter become very important. NOTE: Commonly you will replace the filter more often at first, until they reduce the higher volume within the house /apartment. So, purchase additional filters now and expect to change them more often at first. Once some base level is obtained, you will find a normal rate, based on your homes needs.

What are you using for cooling?

OP
patch

patch

May 14, 2012
Parrots
Nanday mutation
Do you mean in general? I have central air so everywhere is cool in the summer and warm in winter.

fiddlejen

Mar 28, 2019
Media
New England
Parrots
Sunny the Sun Conure (sept '18, gotcha 3/'19). Mr Jefferson Budgie & Mrs Calliope Budgie (albino) (nov'18 & jan'19). Summer 2021 Baby Budgies: Riker (Green); Patchouli, Keye, & Tiny (blue greywings).
I will add a suggestion to any concern about off-gassing. UN-wrap the item outside as well, if you are able; or at least in a ventilatable room well-removed from your birdies. (Even the filters when you get them.) There is a lot of off-gassing that occurs in-transit and gets caught in the wrapping & packaging of the item. Unwrapping items either outside or well-separated, is a good way to keep some of those airborn chemicals away from your birds.

OP
patch

patch

May 14, 2012
Parrots
Nanday mutation
Thank you for mentioning this! I usually unbox everything away from his cage area but I’ll be sure to keep everything outside.

Most Reactions

Latest posts