Recommended Bird Stores in New Jersey or New York

Conuregirl

Jan 16, 2012
New Jersey
Parrots
Oliver the nanday conure (rescue), Suki the green cheek conure, Picabo the Hahn's Macaw, and Big Bird the dove
Hi everyone,

I am looking for a cage for my rescue nanday conure. There are not many bird stores that carry cages near me. Could you please recommend some that has a good selection of playtop bird cages, etc? There is a shop in Paramus but they only carry dome and flat top style cages. I rarely see playtops in the store.

One store I was going to see was the Bird House in East Brunswick, NJ. I could go to New York if there is a shop. I live in northern NJ, border of New York but I don't mind a car trip for a decent selection of cages.

:green2:

Purl

May 15, 2012
Northern NJ
Parrots
Ducorp's Cockatoo -Purl
Lovebirds - Salsa and Peeps

Angel Cockatiels - Chloe and Quasimodo
Hi everyone,

I am looking for a cage for my rescue nanday conure. There are not many bird stores that carry cages near me. Could you please recommend some that has a good selection of playtop bird cages, etc? There is a shop in Paramus but they only carry dome and flat top style cages. I rarely see playtops in the store.

One store I was going to see was the Bird House in East Brunswick, NJ. I could go to New York if there is a shop. I live in northern NJ, border of New York but I don't mind a car trip for a decent selection of cages.

:green2:
Howdy Neighbor!! I live in No. NJ too..I'm up in Ringwood! I own a pet supply store in town called Rusty's Place. There is the Paterson Bird Store that has a big selection of cages you might want to check there.

FYI..if you if you didn't know there is a great parrot club right in Paramus, The Real Macaw Parrot Club. Went last night for the first time..very good speaker on Avian illnesses. My friend and I joined. PM me if you would like to meet me there next month. It's the 2nd Thursday of each month.

Good luck cage hunting..if you can't find what you want and know exactly what it is you want contact me, I can order it for you via our store.

Hope to meet you!
Chris and Purl :white1:

Atwee921

Apr 22, 2011
Maine, USA
Parrots
Sprite the cinnamon green cheek conure.
Bird Paradise in Burlington NJ!! They have a huge selection inexpensive cages of all kinds!
There is also Parrot Safari in Binghamton, NY, but I'm nnot sure what kind of cages they have.
I would definitely go to Bird Paradise and while your there you could see all of their beautiful birds! I love Bird Paradise! Its worth a trip!

OP
C

Conuregirl

Jan 16, 2012
New Jersey
Parrots
Oliver the nanday conure (rescue), Suki the green cheek conure, Picabo the Hahn's Macaw, and Big Bird the dove
Thanks everyone! My nanday is very cage aggressive and I am looking for a shorter cage. I am really petite so I want to see in person the cage door, playtop, and toy hook height. I don't want the height of the cage to fuel the dominance and aggression. My rescue was rarely handled, not trained, and used to be caged most of the time.

I have ordered from My Safe Bird Store 3X already! I think I may go to Bird Paradise. Has anyone gone to Todd Marcus store? I have been to the Paterson store to get my birds clipped. I think the Paterson store only carries Kings cages. Kings cages seem to run $400-500 at least.

Thanks, Purl for the offer. How lucky you are to own a pet supply shop!

Purl

May 15, 2012
Northern NJ
Parrots
Ducorp's Cockatoo -Purl
Lovebirds - Salsa and Peeps

Angel Cockatiels - Chloe and Quasimodo
Thanks, Purl for the offer. How lucky you are to own a pet supply shop!
LOL...Lucky and cursed. People know we are suckers for any animal in need..so they all come in with sad stories hence 5 dogs, 2 ferrets, 2 lizards. Angel babies include 4 rescued ferrets, 1 rescued lizard and 3 rescued dogs!

My house is a mess with all the animals..all I do is vacuum dog hair bunnies, have gone through a million Libman spray mops (use these so I can make my own solution of bleach, water and Fabuloso to save $$) and probably 8 million rolls of paper towels. :eek:

But I get my pet supplies at cost!

Most Reactions

Latest posts