Relentless Yelling. Please Help

Krueger

Feb 6, 2016
Michigan
Hi everyone,
My cockatoo Krueger has been yelling nonstop since I have started spending more time with him. It is seriously starting to stress me out how much he is squaking. Me and my family have tried just not going in the room or saying anything when he is yelling, and just spending time with him when he's quiet but it has not worked. It has gotten to the point where he literally has yelled all day. I have no idea how he doesn't get tired from it. It goes from separated yelling, to aggravated consistent yelling. I have no idea what to do. I seriously love him to death, but I don't think I can do this anymore. My mom works the night shift sometimes on top of this so she gets really mad about it.

He has done it so much that I have considered getting a new home for him. Is this the right thing to do? I'm a college student so it's really stressing me out with what he requires from me and then yelling the whole time I'm not even in the room. I don't want to give him away, but I don't need even more stress at this point in my life

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
Man...How I feel for you!! I "had" a Goffins,untill recently,because of the exact same reason I HAD to rehome him. Even my BF Amazon Amy,would yell SHUT UP!!!

From the moment he was uncovered to nite-nite time,thats all he did! No matter what I did,let him out more..covered him,put him in another room..didn't help.

I found a local woman with a large family who wanted him,even tho I told her how he was..and how he CUSSED..but she took him in anyway. I have stopped by where she works to find out how Jonesy is doing..and suprisenly, he is doing GREAT..does very little yelling,loves her hubby to death,and they love him. It turned out for the best for everyone involved.

I,m sure others who are more 'Too experienced will chime in and maybe some can offer a solution.

GOOD LUCK!

Jim

Most Reactions