Rex laid 2 eggs

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
Eclectus, CAG, BH Pionus, Maximilian’s Pionus, Quakers, Indian Ringnecks, Green Cheeked Conures, Black Capped Conures, Cockatiels, Lovebirds, Budgies, Canaries, Diamond Doves, Zebra Finches, Society F
You should be able to watch the egg develope. There is a point when you can actually see the tiny heart beating. It is an incredible experience, one that makes me take my task all the more seriously.

OP
G

gracebowen

Jan 14, 2015
San Antonio
Parrots
Cora lovebird
Sky parakeet
Good news I am for the most part no longer a threat. I can now look at the eggs and stand by the cage without getting bit.

Jet comes and visits me every night around 7 till bedtime. He only wants to go to bed when I do. I got yelled at for putting him to bed 3 nights in a row now. Seriously he would sleep with me if Ilet him. He bit me for putting him up last night. It didn't hurt though and it didn't bother me.

He has started doing this pinchy bite though and it does hurt. It's hard to explain. Could he be preening me?

Rex for the last few days has been spending about 3 maybe 4 hours out and about in my room while Jet sits in the eggs. She had also taken to bathing daily.

OP
G

gracebowen

Jan 14, 2015
San Antonio
Parrots
Cora lovebird
Sky parakeet
Hmmm maybe I worry too much she's been out for close to 5 hours now. Jet is sitting the eggs.

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
Eclectus, CAG, BH Pionus, Maximilian’s Pionus, Quakers, Indian Ringnecks, Green Cheeked Conures, Black Capped Conures, Cockatiels, Lovebirds, Budgies, Canaries, Diamond Doves, Zebra Finches, Society F
As long as one is sitting you have nothing to worry about. They will also sometimes both be off and let the eggs cool for a short time.

OP
G

gracebowen

Jan 14, 2015
San Antonio
Parrots
Cora lovebird
Sky parakeet
Thanks. I do see them both off of the eggs some but I knew it was ok. They are never both out at the same time for very long.

OP
G

gracebowen

Jan 14, 2015
San Antonio
Parrots
Cora lovebird
Sky parakeet
Just an update. Until 3 days ago the keets were not allowed to land on the tiel cage. Yesterday they were allowed on top of the cage again. Today they are even allowed in the cage not allowed on the bottom of the cage.

OP
G

gracebowen

Jan 14, 2015
San Antonio
Parrots
Cora lovebird
Sky parakeet
Hmmm between last night and this morning one egg has completely disappeared. No trace of it at all. It is the one that was smaller and possibly not fertile.

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
They may have burried it. If they are destroying eggs you have a problem.

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
how old is it?

OP
G

gracebowen

Jan 14, 2015
San Antonio
Parrots
Cora lovebird
Sky parakeet
The egg didn't make it. It pipped or got cracked but the baby didn't make it out.

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Aw, no. I'm sorry to hear that, Grace.

Most Reactions