Right or left footed?

Right or left footed, humans right or left handed?

• Total voters

JuicyNip

Jul 22, 2019
Media
Albums
USA
Parrots
Black-Capped Conure
I did the poll. That was fun. Made me think, cause I'm highly consistent and rarely use my left hand for anything, so the mimic the owner theory didn't occur to me until reading this.

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Thanks for sharing that! Interesting! But I have to say my doggies dance! Lol if I dance around they get in their hind legs and try and dance or lean on my while I hold their paws and dance sooo I think we need to add dogs, plus when I taught my dogs to shake, I didn't specify which paw, they always seem to choose one paw and stick to it

Squeekmouse

May 31, 2017
Illinois
Parrots
Yoda, Green Cheek Conure - Trigger, Congo African Grey
the article I read defined dancing as:

"Dancing" is an untutored, spontaneous response where the animal moves on the beat, matching motion to music. So the animal can't have a trainer. It can't have a human in the room whose moves it copies. It can't spend weeks exposed to the same tune. And when the music changes, it has to change with it, sticking to the beat. The "dance" is triggered by sound, but the moves come from inside — from circuits deep in the dancer's brain.

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
the article I read defined dancing as:

"Dancing" is an untutored, spontaneous response where the animal moves on the beat, matching motion to music. So the animal can't have a trainer. It can't have a human in the room whose moves it copies. It can't spend weeks exposed to the same tune. And when the music changes, it has to change with it, sticking to the beat. The "dance" is triggered by sound, but the moves come from inside — from circuits deep in the dancer's brain.
Ok :) so that's scientific and rational lol
I'm going to ignore this post ( wink )
And celebrate my dogs dancing ( grin)
But it's great to read that birds are even more special!

Most Reactions

Latest posts