Ringneck's important!

Shobzz09

May 29, 2011
Bexleyheath, South London, England!
Parrots
Indian Ringnecks, Budgies
Hi Guys,
My friend wants to give me his ringnecks, blue male and lutino female. They have been mating and the hen has an egg in the nest box, my mate wants to move the birds into another cage and I'll have to move them to a cage where a nest box is available, will the female still lay eggs if she changes nest boxes? and if she is moved around a lot? My mate will incubate the one egg so he can bring the chick up he said. So will she still lay eggs and take care of em after moving them into my cage and a different nest box?
Thanks

Pedro

Dec 15, 2010
Australia
Parrots
2 Budgies, 3 Cockatiels, 6 GCC'S, 2 Crimson Bellie Conures, 9 Sun Conures, 2 Major Mitchells, 12 Eclectus parrots of various ages, 2 BF Amazons, 2 Hahn's Macaw's, 1 Red Tail Black Too
I am sorry but i really don't think that's a good idea. I would leave the pair where they are to finish laying & incubating their eggs once the chicks hatch & are old enough to be pulled for hand-rearing then you could take them & settle them into your cage with a new nestbox. You may have to wait until next season though.

IMO if they are moved now the hen could stop laying & it's not likely she will have time to get a new nest box ready so i think you would miss this season.

Most Reactions

Latest posts