Ringworm

Joeypac

Jan 17, 2024
Parrots
Sun Conure
Hello 👋🏻
Unfortunately ringworm has come to visit my house. My bird seems fine but I am worried about her. Ive looked online but I can not seem to find good awnsers. I'm concerned that if my she were to contract ringworm I would not know until it would be to late. I am unsure if she is allowed to be picked up in fear of giving it to her. I'm hopeing there is some kind of way to interact so she doesn't think I've neglected her. Sorry for the frantic message. Just a worried bird dad haha

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 40-year-old Patagonian Conure
I have no idea... maybe you could seek some avian vet advice?
I did a quick Google, and it seems many responsible authorities are concerned. Good luck!

Certified Avian Vets
If none are near you...
Avian Veterinarians
In my opinion, any of the vets listed here should be better than a regular vet.
International contacts, too.

GambotheGreyt

Feb 8, 2024
Parrots
Currently.. congo african grey
Hello 👋🏻
Unfortunately ringworm has come to visit my house. My bird seems fine but I am worried about her. Ive looked online but I can not seem to find good awnsers. I'm concerned that if my she were to contract ringworm I would not know until it would be to late. I am unsure if she is allowed to be picked up in fear of giving it to her. I'm hopeing there is some kind of way to interact so she doesn't think I've neglected her. Sorry for the frantic message. Just a worried bird dad haha
Washing your hands in chlorhexidine before touching your bird should be helpful as a preventative.

Most Reactions

Latest posts