LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
That’s it, I’ve decided I’m not telling them. They’re not bird people anyway; they won’t understand! The official line if asked is “The birds are fine! Please pass the potatoes... (sob...)

EKSM

May 2, 2018
Parrots
Candy - blue & yellow parakeet
Theo - GCC
Ruby - GCC
Nanday - soon!
Hi YUM, I'm pretty new here, or rather I posted a long time ago when I was considering a Nanday. As I wipe the tears from all over my face, let me tell you how sorry I am, how I think you did a wonderful thing by adopting Cheddar, and how I know your pain. My Nanday's been home a few months now, but I still feel such pain from my GCC's death before him... I accidentally tripped into a wall when he was on my finger. You can imagine my guilt because A - I never wear stupid gym shoes in the house, and that's what I tripped on - my damned rubber soles on the carpet...and B - I remember thinking "he shouldn't always be on my shoulder, I think I'll tell him to step up" right before the accident.

In any case, I get what you are saying about the guilt of her last moments. My little love didn't die after the accident, but he basically wrecked his spinal chord and although he couldn't walk the CAV said his survival would depend on whether he could still poop. They returned him to me after an overnight, and I put his little sleeping cage in a bedroom by himself that night. He passed alone, without me by his side. I put him in there thinking I was doing the right thing so he could get a good night's sleep but I still ask myself how I could have let him die alone. Was he scared? Was it fast? Was the room too cold or warm? Why did it happen during the night? Did I miss something? This bird helped me through two of the toughest times in my life - I mean, birth and death stuff, and look what I did to him. I cried for weeks, in public, wherever I went, even though I felt horribly embarrassed and ashamed. So yeah, I didn't want to make this about me but...I just wanted to say I totally get you and I really hope you know you did the right things for her. *hugs*

Last edited:
OP
YUMgrinder

YUMgrinder

Mar 20, 2017
Cheyenne, WY
Parrots
-Jazz, Normal Grey Cockatiel /

-Chessie, Pearl Cockatiel /

-Perry, Black capped Conure /

-JoJo, Pineapple GCC /

3 little busy Budgies
Hi YUM, I'm pretty new here, or rather I posted a long time ago when I was considering a Nanday. As I wipe the tears from all over my face, let me tell you how sorry I am, how I think you did a wonderful thing by adopting Cheddar, and how I know your pain. My Nanday's been home a few months now, but I still feel such pain from my GCC's death before him... I accidentally tripped into a wall when he was on my finger. You can imagine my guilt because A - I never wear stupid gym shoes in the house, and that's what I tripped on - my damned rubber soles on the carpet...and B - I remember thinking "he shouldn't always be on my shoulder, I think I'll tell him to step up" right before the accident.

In any case, I get what you are saying about the guilt of her last moments. My little love didn't die after the accident, but he basically wrecked his spinal chord and although he couldn't walk the CAV said his survival would depend on whether he could still poop. They returned him to me after an overnight, and I put his little sleeping cage in a bedroom by himself that night. He passed alone, without me by his side. I put him in there thinking I was doing the right thing so he could get a good night's sleep but I still ask myself how I could have let him die alone. Was he scared? Was it fast? Was the room too cold or warm? Why did it happen during the night? Did I miss something? This bird helped me through two of the toughest times in my life - I mean, birth and death stuff, and look what I did to him. I cried for weeks, in public, wherever I went, even though I felt horribly embarrassed and ashamed. So yeah, I didn't want to make this about me but...I just wanted to say I totally get you and I really hope you know you did the right things for her. *hugs*

That was very sweet, thank you for taking the time to comment! My home still isn't the same since she left...

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
EKSM, so sorry for your lost, you can start a thread in the bereavement forum if you want, we share your loss, as that if Cheeder whome we fell in love with...

OP
YUMgrinder

YUMgrinder

Mar 20, 2017
Cheyenne, WY
Parrots
-Jazz, Normal Grey Cockatiel /

-Chessie, Pearl Cockatiel /

-Perry, Black capped Conure /

-JoJo, Pineapple GCC /

3 little busy Budgies
Many weeks now have passed, but my memory of you is alive Cheddar. Here are some moments I found in my phone to share with our friends. I love and miss you CheddarHead.

yumgrinder-albums-flock-picture20905-mvimg-20171203-141805.jpg

yumgrinder-albums-flock-picture20906-mvimg-20180117-130400.jpg

yumgrinder-albums-flock-picture20907-mvimg-20180220-074747.jpg

yumgrinder-albums-flock-picture20908-mvimg-20180319-101534.jpg

Sunnyclover

Jan 11, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots
Sun Conure - Ollie- Hatched 08/18/16*

Nanday Conure -Finley- Hatched 10/07/17*

Turquoise Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure -Paris- Hatched 03/03/18*

Black Capped Conure -North- Hatched 10/10/18
Such a beautiful little face.

Aratingettar

May 29, 2018
Poland
Parrots
Sun t̶e̶r̶r̶o̶r̶i̶s̶t̶ C̶o̶n̶u̶r̶e̶ terrorist Cytrynka (F),
Peach faced lovebird Fiona (F),
Peach faced lovebird Fionek (M)
She's adorable on your pictures. No wonder she still lives deep in your heart, and brings lots of beautiful memories. Every time you post her pictures, my heart melts...

Most Reactions