RIP Joaquin and Diego

noblemacaw

Sep 23, 2011
Parrots
Valentino - Red Fronted Macaw - Hatched August 12, 2012
I had the opportunity to share my life with a Solomon Island Eclectus named Joaquin and a Illliger's Macaw named Diego. I lost Joaquin in Dec of 2005 and Diego suffered a fatal stroke June 8th 2011. Both birds were my boys and I loved them deeply.

I appreciate the admins supply a place for me to honor my beloved parrots.

Attachments

• Cock fight.jpg
    Cock fight.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 146
  • Diego Good.jpg
    Diego Good.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 154

Printer bird

Jan 4, 2011
Calgary, AB
Parrots
Dipper, 8 year old WC Pionus
RIP Charlie, Green Cheek Conure,
Lelu, parrotlet and
Poe the budgie.
They were beautiful birds, sorry for your loss.

YNAMomma

Sep 18, 2011
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
Ianto-10yr old M. YN-Amazon,
Toshiko - 10yr old F. YN-Amazon (Mated pair)
I'm so sorry your loss, our thoughts are with you. I don't even want to imagine losing my babies.

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
We feel your loss, and share your sorrow
Rest assure you, knowing you gave them so much love and a wonderful home.
They will always be in your heart.

critterman

Jan 1, 2011
Maryland
Parrots
Crimson bellied conure.
So sorry for your loss. I have 2 African Grey parrots and 4 dogs. I can't imagine life without them. I am retired and single so they are my life, my children. You are in my thoughts.

Remy

Jul 13, 2011
California
Parrots
Darcy (Golden-Collared Macaw), Puck (Caique - RIP)
I'm sorry for their loss. They were both so pretty!

TooLover

Nov 2, 2011
PA
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo (female) Rose-Breasted Cockatoo (female) Parrotlet
I'm sorry. I am there with you right now. The pain is unendurable. Hugs for you. Hugs and tears.

OP
noblemacaw

noblemacaw

Sep 23, 2011
Parrots
Valentino - Red Fronted Macaw - Hatched August 12, 2012
I appreciate everyone's post about my boys. I loved these birds very much. Each was so different but together they created balance. Some of you might notice I still talk about Diego a lot in my posts on other subjects and I talk about Joaquin in the Eclectus threads. Joaquin's death is a bit faded but every time I see an male SI Eclectus my hearts twinges with missing him. Diego's death is still raw for me. He died so suddenly without any warning his passing shocked me to the core. I even debated if I should ever have more parrots. I almost canceled my RFM baby.

I am still going through re-education of how to feed my birds. I am not so prideful not to admit that parts of my birds diets caused them to develop heart/stroke problems. Since Diego died from a fatal stroke I feel that his diet had something to do with this. This was confirmed when I had Mihijo my Noble Macaw checked and his cholesterol was 1200!

I attended a seminar about bird care given by an avian vet from Florida and I learned they are seeing a lot of heart disease in African greys. A breeder lost 8 birds of her flock with heart disease. I was floored and saddened that the parrots are starting to get these diseases. Diego's vet did say that his stroke was very sudden the fatal kind and like in us sometimes can have a stoke and die right away. *sigh*. It did kind of made me feel better but I am activity taking the steps to learn to lower Mihjo's numbers and how to feed my baby RFM so that he does not develop heart disease either.

Noblemacaw

Most Reactions

Latest posts