birdpassion620

Jan 30, 2013
Media
Boston
Parrots
Male Pacific Parrotlet (Chuey), Female Canary Wing
Parakeet (Sweetie), and my mother's bird: Male Canary
Wing Parakeet (Petey)
My goodness, I am so sorry! It's hard enough to lose one of your feathered friends but to lose almost all of the members of your flock at the same time is absolutely devastating! I hope the other two make it through. Please keep us updated. :smile040:

justjake

Apr 27, 2013
Edgewater, Florida USA
Parrots
Drakos: Sun Conure
Frosty: Budgie
Sunshine: Budgie
I'm sorry for your loss. Before I got my baby I was warned many times about teflon cookware and how if it overheated it was a death sentence for my birds, then later I was told that teflon cookware still gives off fumes when heated, even though it wasn't necessarily too hot.

I'm so sorry about your babies :-(

On that note, has anyone done any research into the ceramic non stick cookware that stores have begun to sell nowadays?

D: That is terrible! I'm sooooo sorry!!!!

There are very dangerous chemicals used in some non stick cookware products. When they are used they release a toxic gas that causes a birds lungs to over react, the lungs create too much fluid and the birds drown. The higher the temperature the higher the volume of dangerous gas is released.

What part of the house are your birds located? I keep my two up stairs in my room that is always closed, and my window is open as much as possible.

Please keep us informed, I desperately hope some of your birds make it :(

Most Reactions

Latest posts