rosie going for a walk

Featheredsamurai

Aug 24, 2011
California
Parrots
African Greg
2 cockatiels
I love taking Rosie out on walks, I find this to be one of the best ways to socialize a parrot to different environments and things happening around then. There's birds in trees and flying around, the occasional hawk/vulture, cars, other people and animals, all sorts of stuff. Rosie's new thing that scared her a little was a small kid wearing a monster on their head(a helmet) the kid walked up to her and poor Rosie thought it was so scary.

Down the street the prettiest magnolias(?) are blooming
8480849839_83fed4566c_c.jpg

now at a local country park
8480848629_441e3d0d1e_c.jpg

8480847685_190d4b49f5_c.jpg

checking out the local "haunted" pond
8480845859_23a7fc9491_c.jpg

Rosie and I next to a really creepy hole at the pond, it's a natural spring and the water comes from that hole. I rarely have Rosie on my shoulder, because of her leg she has trouble balancing. I also feel it's not as safe with the amount of hawks/falcons we have in my area.

8480854365_e509523084_c.jpg

higher view of that field

8481941688_475435a2f5_c.jpg

last pic, walking down the irrigation trail. these were used when this area
was all orchards. these are at the base of a hill so we see a lot of wild life and need to be aware of cougars and coyotes.

8481942932_38d1757734_c.jpg

Last edited:

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
BEAUTIFUL pictures, Ashley!!!

I am green with envy that the magnolias are already blooming in your neck of the woods, while everything is pretty much snow covered here. :eek:

Why is pond haunted??? :eek:

Rosie is THE luckiest lady because you certainly enrich her life! :)

aliray

Jan 28, 2012
Rotonda West , Fla
Parrots
yellow sided green cheek conure,Chiquita Quaker parrot Sweetie Pie, African red bellied parrot Tiki, spanish timbrado canary Lucas
Gorgeous photos. She is a lucky parrot and so beautiful:)

moni.k

Sep 2, 2012
Pasadena, CA
Parrots
~SI female eclectus: Nalani~
~pineapple.turquoise GCC: Layla~
oh man, I just HAD to save the first photo. Hope you don't mind :52:. I love you're threads and all the photos of Rosie, I wish I had photography skills like you. Thank you for sharing them and boy I can't get enough of Rosie!!

OOwl

Oct 12, 2010
Texas
Parrots
Rosebreasted Cockatoo, Congo Grey, MRH Amazon, Lovebird
She's so beautiful and has such a wonderful, rich, varied, interesting life.

OP
Featheredsamurai

Featheredsamurai

Aug 24, 2011
California
Parrots
African Greg
2 cockatiels
BEAUTIFUL pictures, Ashley!!!

I am green with envy that the magnolias are already blooming in your neck of the woods, while everything is pretty much snow covered here. :eek:

Why is pond haunted??? :eek:

Rosie is THE luckiest lady because you certainly enrich her life! :)
THankyou :D And I'm emvious of the fact you get snow lol

The actual history behind the pond is that the ohlone tribe thought it was a sacred place of healing, they have a myth about a mysterious illness that the springs water healed. I'm too afraid to go at night, but my friend did once and they kept hearing muffled sounds and a eerie feeling that terrified them. Later she had a scratch on her too witched terrified both of us(even though I don't go at night) to the point of hanging salt next to our window. More recently they had a ghost crew come in and investigate the lands. Here's a web page were they have the few EVP's they found.

Here's the myth, there are many variations to it but all involve her drowing. One says she hangs her parents then drowns herself so they can be together in heaven, and that to today you can still hear her screams because she didn't really want to die. Another says she enjoyed swimming and happened to drown, causing her parents to commit suicide in their grief. Many say that a ghost held her under as the water is relatively shallow. All I can say is that there is a creepy grate in the middle that is visible when the pond is extra low, maybe it's put there to keep something in.
"Dottie was a member of the Bernal family, and she also loved to swim in the pond below Santa Teresa Springs. The Muwekma claimed that on a hot summer day she was swimming in the pond, when a giant had reached up in the middle of the pond where she was floating and pulled her under the pond causing her to drown. So they now call it to this day Dottie's Pond."

Gorgeous photos. She is a lucky parrot and so beautiful:)
:D Thankyou!

oh man, I just HAD to save the first photo. Hope you don't mind :52:. I love you're threads and all the photos of Rosie, I wish I had photography skills like you. Thank you for sharing them and boy I can't get enough of Rosie!!
I don't mind lol let me know if you would like a larger resolution. I'm so happy you enjoy her photos as much as I do :D

Rosie......I can't stop thinking of her! She's so adorable and cute!
lol don't worry you aren't alone. I think she is getting a little fan club, one of the people who follow her picture blog told me they had a dream with her in it.

She's so beautiful and has such a wonderful, rich, varied, interesting life.
she sure does, I tried to give her the best life I can ;)

LoveMyParrots

Dec 29, 2012
Media
Melbourne, Australia
Parrots
Ozzie - alexandrine parakeet
Yay! Rosie's photos! :D

The pics were AMAZING! I show it to Ozzie and he keeps licking the screen! I loved the photos and so did Ozzie!

Thanks for sharing! :)

OP
Featheredsamurai

Featheredsamurai

Aug 24, 2011
California
Parrots
African Greg
2 cockatiels
Yay! Rosie's photos! :D

The pics were AMAZING! I show it to Ozzie and he keeps licking the screen! I loved the photos and so did Ozzie!

Thanks for sharing! :)
That's so funny he licks the screen! Rosie likes licking my phone lol I'm so happy you like them :D

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
The actual history behind the pond is that the ohlone tribe thought it was a sacred place of healing, they have a myth about a mysterious illness that the springs water healed. I'm too afraid to go at night, but my friend did once and they kept hearing muffled sounds and a eerie feeling that terrified them. Later she had a scratch on her too witched terrified both of us(even though I don't go at night) to the point of hanging salt next to our window. More recently they had a ghost crew come in and investigate the lands. Here's a web page were they have the few EVP's they found.

Here's the myth, there are many variations to it but all involve her drowing. One says she hangs her parents then drowns herself so they can be together in heaven, and that to today you can still hear her screams because she didn't really want to die. Another says she enjoyed swimming and happened to drown, causing her parents to commit suicide in their grief. Many say that a ghost held her under as the water is relatively shallow. All I can say is that there is a creepy grate in the middle that is visible when the pond is extra low, maybe it's put there to keep something in.
"Dottie was a member of the Bernal family, and she also loved to swim in the pond below Santa Teresa Springs.The Muwekma claimed that on a hot summer day she was swimming in the pond, when a giant had reached up in the middle of the pond where she was floating and pulled her under the pond causing her to drown. So they now call it to this day Dottie's Pond."

THANK YOU SO MUCH for the story and the website! WOW!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:
THAT is some eerie stuff. I would NOT go there in the dark - EVER. :11:

KatherineI

Mar 27, 2012
Media
Seattle, WA
Parrots
Loki (GCC) Sugar (Goffins)
Rosie is so so lucky!!

I used to take Sugar for walks, but it's too cold right now. Most summer days are still too cold up here in the PNW. I used to walk down to the beach with her, she LOVED it! I'm hoping to explore some parks near my new place once the weather warms up.

OP
Featheredsamurai

Featheredsamurai

Aug 24, 2011
California
Parrots
African Greg
2 cockatiels
Rosie is so so lucky!!

I used to take Sugar for walks, but it's too cold right now. Most summer days are still too cold up here in the PNW. I used to walk down to the beach with her, she LOVED it! I'm hoping to explore some parks near my new place once the weather warms up.

I've only a been to Seattle twice for a cruise, each time it was great weather. My stepdad goes often for work(sometimes there and back in the same day) and often says it was dreary lol. We generally have nice weather all year, although when a heat wave comes it can be bad, especially here were few people have air conditionining. We have a strategic blinds and window routine in the summer and take advantage of our double panes windows. Winter nights can be cold, often there is frost on the ground and our cars are covered in ice so we definitely use a heater.

I leave my window open as often as I can in the winter so Rosie can be taken out on cooler days. On slightly windy days she will shiver a little at first, but I think this is her not expecting the wind to go under wings were she is bald.

Birdlover11

Aug 23, 2012
Long island
Parrots
Pepsi and sprite, both are American male budgies
Beautiful pics of Rosie ! You could just tell she is really enjoying outside time with her owner. Also, I really like you camera, the pictures are so clear !

Pinkbirdy

Feb 26, 2013
Clifton Springs Newyork
Parrots
macaw,LS2,congo grey,2Blk Hd caiques,Hawkhead,yellowstrk lory,Blue frnt amazon,sun conure ,Yellow sided greencheek ,Goffin ,Rosebreasted Cockatoo,Greenwing Macaw,Blue and Gold Macaw,Nanday conure,Ecle
Copperarabian you can tell by her face you have a nice relationship

Most Reactions