Parrots
Bella (B&G Macaw)
2 Yellow Naped Amazons,
8 Lovebirds,
2 Green Cheeks,
2 Sun Conures,
2 Indian Ringnecks,
2 Quakers
Just got home and saw this, I KNOW how hard it is to lose one of our special birds. Please remember that you gave Rosie a great life while she was with you.

Pinkbirdy

Feb 26, 2013
Clifton Springs Newyork
Parrots
macaw,LS2,congo grey,2Blk Hd caiques,Hawkhead,yellowstrk lory,Blue frnt amazon,sun conure ,Yellow sided greencheek ,Goffin ,Rosebreasted Cockatoo,Greenwing Macaw,Blue and Gold Macaw,Nanday conure,Ecle
Im so sorry Im in tears :( What a beautiful bird ! I got my Owen from seeing her, I think she touched us all .Ive had several birds pass in front of me and I can imagine what you must be feeling . Your right look at the life she had with you [we know how happy you made her] . Take care my thoughts are with you .

Abigal7

Jun 17, 2012
United States of America/ Kansas
Parrots
Captain Jack (Hahn's macaw)

Clover (green cheek conure)
I am so sorry for your lost :(. I cried some after reading your post. Remember you gave Rosie a good life and lots of love. And even at the end Rosie was never alone.

Last edited:

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
I am so so sorry:( Rosie was a beautiful bird many, many people loved seeing and reading about online. She is flying free now, and I am sure felt comfort in her last moments to be with someone who loved her and whom she loved so much.

LeaKP

Aug 11, 2014
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Congo African Grey
Oh my! Just read your post. How sorry I am for your loss! She was beautiful. Thank you for giving her 5 beautiful years.

faeryphoebe1

Feb 1, 2013
Media
San Antonio, Texas
Parrots
Trixie, Sunny & Gonzo♡♡♡
Ashley, I just saw this now and am crying, too.

Rosie was so loved by you. You saved her in so many ways. You gave her a healthy diet, you took her flying, you took care of her sore foot, you brought in branches with leaves so she could chew and explore. And you did so much more.

I'll bet Kenji is missing her, as well.
I'm so sorry. What a huge loss. Rosie was a very special girl who brought joy to many, many people. My heart goes out to you. (((hugs)))

Last edited:

dragontao

Dec 30, 2014
My heart really goes out to you and everyone else who has had the unfortunate need to post in the bereavement section. I've been moved to tears so many times reading these stories and feel your pain.

I only found this forum after my African Grey passed away on 26th December and I was looking for ways of dealing with the loss and people who understand that loss (I'm still struggling with it badly, just have not been able to post about it).

Very few people outside of those who have these beautiful birds in their life seem to understand that they can mean so much to us and the bond that forms with them.

veimar

Feb 5, 2014
Chicago, IL
Parrots
gcc Parry; lovebird Coco; 3 budgies (Tesla, Franky and Cesar); cockatiel Murzik, red rump parakeet girl Onyx
I'm in tears too... It's so painful to loose someone so close... Galah is my dream bird (never had one), and I know how cute and loving they are. You both were blessed to have each other, but this time always feels too short when you loose you beloved fid. May she fly free, and may you meet one day to never loose each other again...

Most Reactions

Latest posts