Rosie update....

OP
jenphilly

jenphilly

Oct 15, 2013
Lehigh Valley, PA
Parrots
BE2 (Ivory), B&G Macaw (Max), Budgie Group,
Granbirds- tiels; GCC (Monkey & Monster); Sun Conure (Loki); Bare Eyed Too (Folger); Evil Green Monster YNA (Kelly); B&G (Titan)
Now see, THIS is why I appreciate the people on this forum so much!! Yes, we all wanted you to adopt Rosie but none of us will hold it against you if you decide against it because it may not be the right solution for HIM. Well done, Jen! If Rosie prefers the shelter because his friends are all there, then that is where he would be happier and that is where he should stay. Kudo's to the shelter operators too for suspecting that but allowing you to at least try.

Lucky for us, you and Tori help out at the shelter and we can still get updates on Rosie!

BTW - when Mr Percy is in one of his 'moods' he will also take treats (and anything else) from me and toss it to the floor with such disgust that I have to giggle :)

Michelle,

thanks for your post :) I was actually hesitant about posting, not sure what some of the response would be. I figured you, Terry, Wendy, Allee and April would all be supportive, but wasn't sure if I'd catch some heck for not bringing him home and giving it more time. It was a crappy situation, but all of us have Rosie's happiness at heart and none of us think being an only Zon is a path to him being happy.

So thanks again, means a lot to have so much support from everyone. But, yep, I'll still hang out with Rosie when I go over and hopefully one day can get him calling just hot bananas without any of the foul language!!

We shall see what this week brings with Victoria meeting the new Amazon and spending some time with Paco. At this point, my next planned trip over is the 12th, never know what will happen by then :)

OP
jenphilly

jenphilly

Oct 15, 2013
Lehigh Valley, PA
Parrots
Granbirds- tiels; GCC (Monkey & Monster); Sun Conure (Loki); Bare Eyed Too (Folger); Evil Green Monster YNA (Kelly); B&G (Titan)
Ummmm Max......

so while you're at the shelter for a few days, I should toss your bed out the window so you have room to bring Max home???

Those are the options right now... bed or Max?? decisions, decisions, decisions....

riddick07

Dec 22, 2011
PA
Parrots
Blue & Gold Macaw (Titan) & Yellow Naped Amazon (Kelly)
We can toss the couch and stick him in the living room....

OP
jenphilly

jenphilly

Oct 15, 2013
Lehigh Valley, PA
Parrots
hopefully one day can get him calling just hot bananas without any of the foul language!!

Rosie is a zon. 'Nuff said...:54:

:D

the part that tells me he knows exactly what he is saying is that he calls hot bananas to get me to come over to talk to him, but as soon as I pull out the phone to record, he starts yelling 'bleepin aye'.... and finds himself quite amusing too...

OP
jenphilly

jenphilly

Oct 15, 2013
Lehigh Valley, PA
Parrots

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Awwww, Jen,
I just read this thread for the first time, I'm sorry about Rosie but so happy that everyone involved is so understanding of Rosie's needs and happiness. Some of us have fallen for Rosie, we expect updates occasionally and censored videos as well.

That still leaves what, two spaces for two more large parrots, if you toss both the bed and couch. I can't wait to hear what lucky lucky bird or birds will get to occupy those spaces. Oh Gee, am I bullying you again??? All kidding aside, I know when the time comes, you'll make the right decision.

OP
jenphilly

jenphilly

Oct 15, 2013
Lehigh Valley, PA
Parrots
Awwww, Jen,
I just read this thread for the first time, I'm sorry about Rosie but so happy that everyone involved is so understanding of Rosie's needs and happiness. Some of us have fallen for Rosie, we expect updates occasionally and censored videos as well.

That still leaves what, two spaces for two more large parrots, if you toss both the bed and couch. I can't wait to hear what lucky lucky bird or birds will get to occupy those spaces. Oh Gee, am I bullying you again??? All kidding aside, I know when the time comes, you'll make the right decision.

moderators... hey moderators.... over here... hey, need to register a cyberbully complaint.... what?? you can't accept that complaint? why? oh, because most of you were involved in the process... :)

No, we're not getting rid of the couch... her bed, totally up to her, she's young, she can sleep on the floor... :) she even asked if we really need a table, we could just eat on the couch, but then if she's thinking of the couch going too, not sure where we would eat or sit.... think its time for me to look into changing the locks...

Actually I think you lost count of available space... technically we have an open cage now for a medium to large (depends on your definition) bird, we joked that Max's tail would barely fit into the cage where Rosie was gonna go...

But more seriously... I am looking forward to meeting the new Zon girl, but never know who might decide they want to come home with us...

OP
jenphilly

jenphilly

Oct 15, 2013
Lehigh Valley, PA
Parrots
Update to my post... no more encouraging Victoria... she's now planning on bunk beds so she can fit more cages under it... has to be a queen bed tho... (no don't tell her not to worry, they make those)....

So with bunk bed, she'll put Folger and Max under the bunk... then that will leave room for a stacker cage to get Rosie, Sweetie Monster and Paco (3 of the Zons from the shelter) and still leave the open cage we currently have for whatever other bird flies into the car door.... Or as Tor just said, we'll adopt Corey, the little goffin who has been there forever and Jeanne keeps nudging me about (no not another cockatoo), if we say we'll take Corey, the shelter might actually agree to a 5 for 1 adoption contract....

So, anyone have suggestions for a good medication for Victoria or maybe just a nice quiet padded room where we can work on her 'issues'... any wonder Folger loves her so much...

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
moderators... hey moderators.... over here... hey, need to register a cyberbully complaint.... what?? you can't accept that complaint? why? oh, because most of you were involved in the process... :)

Hey Jen, so it appears that the cyberbully complaint is unfounded, as I agree that a person really doesn't need a couch...and a table...and a bed...

Just fids, that is all you need:)

And really, do you need a bathtub?
:D:D:D

MomtoPercy

Nov 15, 2013
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Percy, a 5yo BFA & Jack, a 8yo Budgie
moderators... hey moderators.... over here... hey, need to register a cyberbully complaint.... what?? you can't accept that complaint? why? oh, because most of you were involved in the process...

The darn mods on this forum are a fiendish bunch, the lot of them! They are evil cyber bullies hiding behind the guises of sainted moderators. :22:

Luckily, us common folkes, the ordinary members, would never ever ever sink that low. You're safe with us, jen. Don't worry about a thing. We will look out for ya! :21::21:

OP
jenphilly

jenphilly

Oct 15, 2013
Lehigh Valley, PA
Parrots

Hey Jen, so it appears that the cyberbully complaint is unfounded, as I agree that a person really doesn't need a couch...and a table...and a bed...

Just fids, that is all you need:)

And really, do you need a bathtub?
:D:D:D

you really are no help! Technically without a bathtub where would Ivory take her shower?? And just how bad would we smell, even the birds wouldn't want to hang out near us....

OP
jenphilly

jenphilly

Oct 15, 2013
Lehigh Valley, PA
Parrots
Luckily, us common folkes, the ordinary members, would never ever ever sink that low. You're safe with us, jen. Don't worry about a thing. We will look out for ya! :21::21:

safe... safe my behind...

and from a continent or two away, I can Percy laughing that demon little laugh as he plans his next cyber attack.... Just picture him sitting there scratching his chin in deep thought, clicking his little claws together in sheer delight as he waits for the keyboard to open up..... oh yeah safe... I feel REAL safe....

:10: :eek: :D ;)

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Jen, I think you have mistaken our concern for bullying. We would never bully you, that's just silly. Who has your back every time Tory and Folger pick on you? And really, accusing our moderators? They love you, look what you've done with Folger, they just want other needy parrots to be treated as well.

I think you're being a bit petty about the furniture. We haven't asked you to give up your refrigerator, granted we are thinking more of the birds but I'm sure they allow you a corner of the fridge for your food. Thanks for clarifying, now I see you actually have space for several new additions, including the goffin. Keep Ivory's bathtub but please loose the couch, you can furnish the room with floor cushions and they can double for meditation pillows, you can also use them for eating and get rid of the table. Smile, we are your friends and we are only trying to HELP. Terry's right, all you need is love and a few more birds.

OP
jenphilly

jenphilly

Oct 15, 2013
Lehigh Valley, PA
Parrots
have my back... I don't think laughing along with Folger qualifies as having my back...

I haven't done anything with Folger, except learn how to better duck and dive... and hand out nuts without getting my fingers gnawed off :) but I guess my video skills have improved somewhat....

as for furniture... well at least you didn't suggest getting rid of my bed too... so thanks for that small consideration :)

my friends... hmmm, I'm thinking Victoria is conspiring with everyone behind my laptop screen... get it laptop screen instead of back... hah, funny...

As for Terry's thought of all I need is love and a few more birds... anyone else have the Beatles singing in their heads... or is it getting late and I just need some sleep...

Most Reactions

Latest posts