Rosie's new Java perch

Featheredsamurai

Aug 24, 2011
California
Parrots
African Greg
2 cockatiels
Her perch came in today! I love it :D I was happy to find it was less slick than I expected. I still used some course sand paper just in case. I'm so happy I finally have a good spot to put her in my room other than on top her cage(were she tries to chew the wall) or on my expensive monitor that I don't really want her chewing/pooping on. And when she sits on my monitor she often misses the paper and hits my tablet D: Now she has this awesome place to hang out with me when she wants out of her cage as I do art, edit photos, and do internet stuff. She's been wanting out more when we're in my room, it's awesome and I was very happy to get her this beautiful perch.

Please excuse the fact that I use the side of my desk as a random storage spot for the cage seed catcher, various wannabe swords I use as props(red case has my only high quality sword), and keyboard that I fail at playing.

tumblr_mkmb1yIkLA1rs86coo1_500.jpg

Pinkbirdy

Feb 26, 2013
Clifton Springs Newyork
Parrots
macaw,LS2,congo grey,2Blk Hd caiques,Hawkhead,yellowstrk lory,Blue frnt amazon,sun conure ,Yellow sided greencheek ,Goffin ,Rosebreasted Cockatoo,Greenwing Macaw,Blue and Gold Macaw,Nanday conure,Ecle
Very nice!! She has this look like "this might be alright" :)

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
Senegal-Martini,1 pineapple conure~ Kahlua,1 GCC~ Flare, spl/b, 4 Lovebirds Halo,Tye-Die,Luna,Violet,8 Cockatiels,Num Num&Tundra,8-Ball&Angus,Magnet&Sunkist,Pearl, Blush, 1 gouldian finch, 7 canaries
she definitely has the look of "well look at me"
isn't it great when your birds love what u buy :)

OP
Featheredsamurai

Featheredsamurai

Aug 24, 2011
California
Parrots
African Greg
2 cockatiels
Thanks everyone :D I do think she likes it, she was climbing around the various perches and also found the bowel very interesting.

@crimson
It is great when they she likes something I buy, usually she doesn't lol.

@jtbirds
I was surprised by the size too, the perch is huge!

Birdlover11

Aug 23, 2012
Long island
Parrots
Pepsi and sprite, both are American male budgies
Yay! Now, mind if Sprite could come over for a play date ? He is awfully lonely, poor thing

noblemacaw

Sep 23, 2011
Parrots
Valentino - Red Fronted Macaw - Hatched August 12, 2012
Wow...that is a very nice table perch. I contemplated getting one for Valentino but the floor Java tree I bought him had the best branch placement out of all I had to choose from.

She looks happy to be able to explore it. At first I thought she was part of the poster and thought "What a beautiful Galah poster." Dorky me I guess.

I would ask if you wanted Valentino to come over to play but I am so afraid he would corrupt your innocent Rosie and then we could not be friends anymore. LOL

ruffledfeathers

Aug 23, 2012
Media
NJ
Parrots
Gilbert Oliver, Blue Crown Conure; Georgie, Sun Conure (2/8/01-8/8/12) RIP little girl; Percy, budgie 1993-1999. RIP Pepito-spanish timbrado canary
Very nice. I thought of buying a java tree for Gilbert too.

OP
Featheredsamurai

Featheredsamurai

Aug 24, 2011
California
Parrots
African Greg
2 cockatiels
Yay! Now, mind if Sprite could come over for a play date ? He is awfully lonely, poor thing
Aww poor lonely guy, hopefully he'll have a sun conure buddy soon :)

Wow...that is a very nice table perch. I contemplated getting one for Valentino but the floor Java tree I bought him had the best branch placement out of all I had to choose from.

She looks happy to be able to explore it. At first I thought she was part of the poster and thought "What a beautiful Galah poster." Dorky me I guess.

I would ask if you wanted Valentino to come over to play but I am so afraid he would corrupt your innocent Rosie and then we could not be friends anymore. LOL
I had the concerns about perch placement, I for sure wasn't going to buy one online from a store were you get a random perch. Although Rosie's leg has so much more strength I still worry for it. It is much more difficult for Rosie to turn around and easier for her to slip. I've been looking at a lot of different perches but the one I bought from MSBS seemed to have the best perch placement for her for what was available. I was looking for a perch that didn't have any sudden drops and with branch size that weren't too big for her feet.

I considered a java tree, but I didn't feel comfortable with the higher price. Plus I wanted a perch for my desk, not downstairs lol. I also knew that with a tree my brother would complain about it and I would have to keep it outside when not in use were, even if covered, it will get damaged over time. Rosie has a PVC T-stand with cups I tend to hang toys on and let her sit on down stairs. I also like to spread out a towel, put fresh food on a paper plate and a bunch of little toys to let her play.

LOL No corrupting Rosie XD

OP
Featheredsamurai

Featheredsamurai

Aug 24, 2011
California
Parrots
African Greg
2 cockatiels
She's sitting on her perch right now. She really likes it, she isn't asking to go back to her cage or on my monitor. Just hanging out looking out the window.

tumblr_mkn79dKkkk1rs86coo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mkn79dKkkk1rs86coo5_1280.jpg

tumblr_mkn79dKkkk1rs86coo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_mkn79dKkkk1rs86coo4_1280.jpg

tumblr_mkn79dKkkk1rs86coo3_1280.jpg

BoomBoom

May 2, 2012
Parrots
Boomer (Sun Conure 9 yrs), Pewpew (Budgie 5 yrs), Ulap (Budgie 2 yrs), Eight & Kiki (Beloved Budgies, RIP)
She looks right at home, glad she likes it. Did you order it online and was it very pricy with shipping? I might be interested in it in the distant future.

Off topic but what kind of art do you do? Illustrations or graphic design?

OP
Featheredsamurai

Featheredsamurai

Aug 24, 2011
California
Parrots
African Greg
2 cockatiels
She looks right at home, glad she likes it. Did you order it online and was it very pricy with shipping? I might be interested in it in the distant future.

Off topic but what kind of art do you do? Illustrations or graphic design?
I ordered it from mysafebirdstore.com and the shipping was free, I think it was like $87 which is less than some places.

lol, you'll probably laugh since I've been posting so many sucky phone pictures but I do photography mostly. I used to do a lot of traditional art some and some digital but I have had tendonitis in the past and it comes back easily when I draw to much.

Here's some of my photos(I do a lot of animals lol)

jellyfish_i_by_copperarabian-d4bx56g.jpg

spirit_of_the_falconer_by_copperarabian-d3givrs.jpg

rosie_32_by_copperarabian-d4tj1ch.jpg

betta_fire_by_copperarabian-d4oc2pr.jpg

traditional art
raven_ii_by_copperarabian-d1pv2oc.jpg

digital art

milotic_digital_painting_by_copperarabian-d3fg6t8.jpg

BoomBoom

May 2, 2012
Parrots
Boomer (Sun Conure 9 yrs), Pewpew (Budgie 5 yrs), Ulap (Budgie 2 yrs), Eight & Kiki (Beloved Budgies, RIP)
Those are awesome photos, I love the one of the hawk talons an Rosie. Just awesome. I love your illustrations as well. Thanks for sharing! The last one reminds me of Leviathan, this final fantasy creature summon lol.

OP
Featheredsamurai

Featheredsamurai

Aug 24, 2011
California
Parrots
African Greg
2 cockatiels
Thankyou boomboom :D the last one is what I think the Pokemon Milotic should look like

RockysMom

Jan 21, 2013
Michigan
Parrots
Rocky...Yellow Crown Amazon....

Smokey Congo Grey....

Shamrock Male Eclectus.......

Baby Female Congo Grey.....
Cookie.....Aztec Conure
nice now you need a java tree to go with it :)

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fargo- Blue and Gold Macaw
Ohhhh I love it!!! Maybe just a little bit jealous!! :eek: ;) Rosie is very lucky!
I actually emailed about buying a java stand the other day but they said the import rules :( *sigh*

OP
Featheredsamurai

Featheredsamurai

Aug 24, 2011
California
Parrots
African Greg
2 cockatiels
@tab

Aww that sucks D: didn't someone on the forum get a java tree from a farm? Did they ever get back to you?

Most Reactions

Latest posts