Routines

aniamllover9

May 30, 2016
Omaha, Ne
I am looking into getting a bird and have been doing my research but was wondering how my routine will work with a bird. I work nights so I get home about 7 am I then do the normal taking care of animal things feeding, changing water, letting the dog out etc. around 8 or so I go lay down till about 5 or so then I am home normally the rest of the night till i leave for work at 9:30 pm. My schedule definitely isn't set and I am looking at getting a day job instead of nights. How would this work with a bird with me being up nights and sleep days? Isnt this how most people who work days are leave home around 8 get home around 5 then sleep all night? I'm just backwards but will it still work?

plumsmum2005

Nov 18, 2015
England, UK
Parrots
Lou, Ruby, and Sonu.
Fly free Plum, my gorgeous boy.
It certainly could work in as much as you are asleep 8 am - 5 pm which is same as working in the daytime. Then you could have time with your bird until bedtime.

It really depends a lot on the bird of choice and their personality.

It wasn't very successful with mine because if he heard any noise after I had gone to bed that was it - you are in the house so come see me! Not much sleep to be had after that!

Most Reactions

Latest posts