Roxy has conversations with herself!

c3honey84

Mar 9, 2011
New Jersey
Parrots
Female Eclectus-"Roxy"
I just have to say that I sat and listened to Roxy talk over the weekend, and it was so cool! The cover was on her cage at 7am, and she just talked and talked and talked! In two different voices! I swear she is the best talker I have ever heard! (I'm sure everyone says that about their own bird!) She says "Who's a pretty girl" and "Good girl Roxy" and "Hello" and "Step up" and "What are you doing?" My favorite thing that she does is she makes a gasp (breathing in real quick) sound and says "What did you do??" It's so funny! I just wish she would do it in front of me!

Lithiumflower9

May 16, 2011
They are amazing ;) It took my pair a while before they would both speak in front of me (I got them after they were weaned and flying, but my male lived close enough I visited him every day). Male started first. The first time he talked directly to me I was holding him about to take him up to the shower for shower time and he said, 'Hey pretty bird!' Talks more at certain hours and a ton in the shower. Our female talks more when I take the male to another room. She'll call him to him by name, 'Hey Micah!' and a bunch of other things like 'Come here!' Some times the make up words or they like adding on to words. The other time they love to speak a ton is when I sing to them. If they don't know the words to a song they will try to keep the tone and say usually, 'Biiiiiiiiiirrrrrrdddd!'

mygirl

Banned
Banned
Oct 4, 2010
Parrots
Female Eclectus
lol most mornings mylah wakes our budgie up all you can hear is wake up kernal wake up, then she starts calling out hey come here and get me out im a good girl then laughs like my husband, then she calls our dog, elmo come here, elmos a naughty boy im a good boy! even though shes a girl then she will say "apple" wanting her food, we have a problem with her fake sneezing at the moment,because she was a sick baby she has learnt if she sneezes we give her attention, so now we have to just distract her from doing it and make her ask for what she wants instead of fake sneezing

Rani

Aug 30, 2010
Atlanta,ga
Parrots
Solomon island female eclectus
That is so awsome! I have a female Eclectus as well i can only wish she would start talking..... All she does is make crazy sounds and whistles

Congrats

chrisi

Most Reactions

Latest posts